Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Sketch #491~ Halloween card #6

Here is Halloween Card #6 for the season. 
Quite spooky for me. I have to tell ya this 
was a stressful card.  
I will first start off by submitting it to the 
challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Scary silhouette Dies, 
cauldron bubble, clever cats, 
everything festive. 
Now that we have the sketch up I will explain
the stress of my card.  You see orginally for that 
little circle on the side of the rectangle, I had
planned a cat.  Oh yes a black cat with green eyes.
I spent so much time die cutting and trimming all
sorts of paper from orange to green to white to finally
leaving it gray, then I realized I couldn't color the eyes
a brilliant green, so I had to ever so carefully stick a 
piece of white card stock under it.  This project took
probably 40 minutes, between my tired eyes, and sticky
clumsy fingers, things where not going well, finally
as I was about to remove the cat for the final time I ripped
his tail right off.  ugh!!  That's it I said to my self, I will
use a ghost but I  had stamped a cute cat sentiment, 
so I had to find a new one and layer that on some
 paper to cover the previous one. 
I then decide to put the ghost lower down
 to cover the majority of glue marks. and right when 
I thought this fiasco was over.  I dropped the ink pad onto
my card.  See the lower right hand corner.  Well, at 
this point I'm considering it art, and embrace it's unique flare.
sigh. 
Don't even get me started on the moon.  The dies
come with one of those half moon shapes. That I tried in
a vast variety of colors.   Well that
was not "cutting it" haha for me.  So I opted for a 
full moon for this spooky card.  
Needless to say I was quite stressed with this card.  
perhaps because it's too scary, skeltons, bats,
ghosts, Oh my.  

On a happy note, look what came to our 
yard today for a visit.   I'm sure that gorgeous
hawk was just looking for some mice.  He has
good pickings in that junk yard next door. 

I hope ya all are able to enjoy a slice of pizza today. 


I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ




 

5 comments:

  1. great spooky scene! love it! thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love your Halloween details! Great job with our sketch. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of Halloween but I love this card! The dark shades with just a touch of yellow in the windows is captivating! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card.I love all of the details that you have included and the bold black and white and yellow color scheme. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely FabOOOOlous! I love all the different Halloween details, the ghosts, skeleton, Spider web, haunted house, they are all there and look fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~