Friday, November 10, 2023

Thanksgiving Turkey Cards

Hello Stamping friends, and crafters. 
I hope you are getting some time to 
to do something creative that brings a smile
to your face and calm to your place.
I've been trying to teach myself more
crocheting patterns.  I just heard about 
a temperature blanket and I think I should
start a couple for my kiddos, I think they 
would love them.  
I made this thanksgiving card for the challenge
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:
Pick of the patch, birds of a feather, for all things
I had a few thanksgiving cards to make, and that's
exactly what I did.  I also made my own DSP my stamping
the background.  I embossed the dark brown vertical 
piece of cardstock.  I used a lovely harvest chevron DSP
to which I added the white card stock with the water color
stamped on it, and then I stamped the pumpkins and turkey
on a separate piece of paper so I could cut them out and place
them over the watercolor image.  
I added the two little embellishments lower down on my card,
because of the acorns in the corner.  I love all the different layers. 
Which color apron do you like best on Mr. Turkey?

I'm astonished that my orchid is giving me 
an 8th bloom.  I was so worried after I cut
her airroots.  I'm pleased she is hanging in there
for me. What a show stopper. 
Mr. Squirrel just wanted to stop and pose for 
a picture.  Look at the cute smile.  
The verse I chose for this card today is:
Thessalonians  5:18KJV
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God
 in Christ Jesus concerning you
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

šŸ’—PJ 




 

6 comments:

  1. What an adorable turkey among the pumpkins! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your turkey is so cute! Love the background you made too. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your random stamped background. Perfect for the cute focal images. Thank you for joining the challenge at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Thanksgiving cards! Love your stamped background which really adds perfectly to your card! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PJ, what a cute card! Love that turkey image, and how you used it with our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch!! Very clever to place the round elements down on the turkey frame where they can be seen instead of exactly where the sketch suggested. Thank you so much for sharing your card and creativity with us at both TSOT and Double Trouble!!! I'm going to have to look up to see what a "temperature blanket" is, I can crochet and always looking for a blanket to cuddle under during the winter months. -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice set of Thanksgiving cards, love the turkey images and love the selection of patterned papers... and great coloring. Thanks for sharing your Harvest cards with us at Double Trouble and TSOT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~