Tuesday, September 19, 2017

RRCB71 & Sketch #230

 Goodness gracious!  I am on overload joy mode.   I have you all to thank for that.  What a wonderful surprise to have gained the trust of a few more followers.  Image result for thank you minion
 Also, it is extra special because it's my son's 24th birthday🎂  today.  I posted a few days back the card I made for him and an amazing photo of him.  You can see it here Xavier's Birthday Card/photo.
  Well now I will try and keep this short and sweet, because I'm not
sure when the kiddos will roll in. This is a card I made for the challenges at: 
I used a stampin up set from 1998 but I'm not sure the name.  I bought it at a consignment shop and there are only two stamps in it.  I used my markers to color it in and then cut it out.  I didn't follow the sketch exactly because I ended up putting my sentiment on the strip that goes across the card instead of on top.  The moose is a punch that I punched multiple times and then glued them on top of each other to give it some dimension. I think it worked lovely.  
Of course true to myself after the picture was taken, I thought DRATS!  I should of used my clear wink of stella on the water to give it that "sparkly" look.  Next time.😉
I also added a few pictures of my hound.  I had a lovely comment in regards to his picture on the side.  Yes Hunter (HP) is a pure bred English Springer Spaniel.  He is 6 years old and the sweetest hyper hound you ever did see.  I should share more pictures of him.  He's got the funniest personality with a hint of sass.   He loves to watch the yard for squirrels, birds, hawks, ground hogs, eagles, turtles, mice.. you name it we have it here.. hence the pictures I share frequently.. Perks of living next to a junk yard. haha.  Any ways HP is a sweetheart.
Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you feel inspired to look around my blog at the other cards, projects and pictures.  I  sure do appreciate the love and support, so if you're willing please don't forget to push that blue follow button on the left hand side.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a busy day - Happy Birthday to your son! Love your card. Your moose is too cute!! I see your partner in crime is on guard! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi PJ, I love this card and I think it follows the sketch quite well. You did a beautiful job coloring. Thank you for joining AHSC this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful scene and great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along at AHSC.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your decision to pop the moose up on dimensionals and to have him slightly out of the frame really make him the star of the show. Thanks so much for joining us again at Retro Rubber Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! I love the back ground and the moose on top. Great use of the sketch! Thank you for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, nice take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week for the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Patty - DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card PJ, I agree with everyone popping out the Moose really makes the card. Thanks for playing along with us again at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great masculine card and love the scenery you put together...handsome card. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation! So happy you are playing along with Atlantic hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I love nature cards but I am so bad at making them so I admire anyone who can and yours is great. I love the combination of stamping and the cut out deer...great card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card! I adore nature scenes to begin with it but that "wooden" border is the perfect touch. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~