Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Week 266: CAKE

Today we had a beautiful sunrise here in WI.  I just love mornings.  I use to love to get up by 3am and get a going biking, running, walking, but then life happened and now I can't really get going until about 9:30.. but still mornings are so peaceful.  I'll share a few pictures from this morning's sunrise it was about 6:45 on the porch, while getting ready to make  my card.  But across the four lanes of traffic and behind the neighbor's house the big beauty arose with all it's golden glory,  it just made me smile, and wish I could be outside. 

I made this very simple card for the theme at: Casology
 
This is an older retired stampin up set, Crazy for Cupcakes along with Close to My heart, Happy Birthday sentiment.  The amount of tries for this card is ridiculous.  I mean I smudged a corner on one, then the sentiment I placed in the lower left corner, before realizing it would look marvelous right next to the cake stand.  Then I had it in black and finally decided a nice deep gray worked lovely.  So simple is so not "simple" for me, but I do really like how it turned out.
Thank you so much for stopping by.  Hope you will want to follow my blog by clicking on that ever intimidating blue button in the left hand column.  It would be grand to have you as part of the blog family.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping




3 comments:

  1. Cupcakes always make me happy! Such a cute card and I love your pictures. Wish I could say I'm up that early, but...... I used to get at 5:30 and drive one hour to work but since I retired I'm enjoying getting up later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worth all the effort. This is a darling card, with a wonderful platter of sweet cupcakes. Perfectly CAS. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the sentiment fits into the cake stand! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~