Monday, June 7, 2021

Sketch #424~ Lilypad Lake, Sending Sunshine, Swirly Frames, Home to Roost, Stampin Up, Blue Heron Walk

I was inspired today to make this card because
my darling little daughter took me for a trail walk.  
I have trouble walking, but she is so patient 
with me and takes her time.  It was wonderful
to get out of the house.  Reminded me of my 
old self when I use to run and walk for miles on the trails.
We got to see so much wild life, turtles that just
busted out of their shells, and made a path to 
the pond.  We even saw a few swimming along.
Then we saw some resting on logs,  we saw 
a lot of red winged black birds, a few ducks,
many chipmunks and red squirrels, but the best 
part was the blue herons we spotted.  Oh gosh 
how amazingly big they are and when 
they took off the wing span was huge.  
So I wanted to make her a thank you note for 
taking me out and for getting some amazing pictures 
for me. 
I was so bummed I missed playing along last week 
with the challenge.  Life got busy and difficult.  
Any ways today I will submit this card to the 
challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Home to Roost
Stampin Up:  Swirly Frames
Stampin Up:  Lilypad Lake
Stampin Up:  Sending Sunshine  
Everything was going lovely with the card
until I stamped the sentiment on the front.  Gosh
I even made sure it was straight on my acrylic block,
but it didn't turn out straight when stamped.  sigh. 
What do you think of that big bird?  So amazing. 
There are ducks back there, but just look at that sky,
I think it would make a great Bob Ross painting. the 
way the sky is reflecting in the water.  Love it. 

So that's my story of how this card came to be.  
and how wonderful I could incorporate it into the 
sketch too.  Made my day.  

One more thing before I sign off.  You might find interesting
I always do.  See that peaceful picture above,
where wild life is abundant this is what is behind us,
It leads to the train yard next to our home.  So the wildlife
just reminds me, keep singing, bloom where you are planted 
and enjoy life, even with the loud trains.  


I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  So make sure to check it out. 😊 






6 comments:

  1. Perspective is everything PJ! Glad you are enjoying that lovely view.
    Your card came out great, I really like the sentiment inside too.
    Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S - Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun day ~ I love your card ~ thank you for the inspiration to get my swirly frames out and inked!!! your card is stunning!!! Thanks for joining us at AHSC ~ we sure hope to see you back ~ Denise DT ~ chezmoicreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, PJ! I love how you recreated that scene from your walk. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely blue heron image! He is the star of the show for sure. Thank you for creating and sharing such a lovely nature card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week. We always love seeing your artwork!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I absolutely LOVE this! gorgeous! I love the colours, the design, the style, everything. The water and the brush are perfection. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card! Great use of the challenge. Thank you for joining AHSC for sketch 424!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~