Thursday, June 2, 2022

Challenge #472~Cactus Cuties Stampin up

How exciting to play with a challenge where
I actually have all the exact colors.  
So I will submit my card to the challenge at:
The stamp set featured in this card is:
Stampin Up:  Cactus Cuties 
I tried so many different sets, and was 
about to give up, when I looked on my little
book case of stamp sets and this one just popped 
right off the shelf.  
That bright green works perfect.  
I had to cut out planters for the two little ones,
no measuring just eyeballing it.  Not to shabby.  
My ink pads must be old, because they 
seem to be falling apart, they are still
inking ok, but the pad itself seems to 
have fuzz on it or something.  
So after coming up with this card idea,
I laughed to myself, as to why didn't I think
of plants first.  I LOVE plants and have a house
full of them.  I will share a few pictures of my
spring cactus that is now blooming. 
It always amazes me.  She is old, and yet
she still blooms.  and Just in time as my 
orchid is dropping its gorgeous blooms.
 They last for months,  but now
my spring cactus will carry us through with 
some lovely color. 
HP my pal had to jump up and check out 
the plant situation too.  Always the little helper.
He goes to the vet tomorrow to get his MMM 
checked out especially his eyes.  Can you believe
this?  Covid attacked our eyes so badly,
Along with other stuff.  I'm thankful we are 
alive, and able to talk about it.  
It is 20 weeks out today, and still struggling.  
and makes me extra sad to see my dog struggling.
Such a pal, I'm comforted by what my family tells 
me.  They say Hunter would have stayed with me no 
matter what.  So that helps, I just feel so guilty,
because when I had high fevers for the first two
weeks this little fella would lay right next to me 
all the time, to make sure I was ok.  and so it 
breaks my heart to see him so sick. The reason 
he got MMM is because most likely he also
had covid, and his immune system couldn't handle
it and turned on itself, so now he has wasting muscles,
behind his jaw and his eye. He's been off of 
prednisone for a few weeks, and so tomorrow 
we go see what is the next step.  


Thank you for your continued prayers and
encouragement as I recover from covid.  
And also,  for my dog, HP.

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ



 

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job using these colours with the sketch! Well done! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little buddy is a super hero - always there through thick and thin. I'm sorry he is dealing with these issues - you two are a team, he was there when you needed him and he knows you are there for him now. Be positive, he feels your emotions and those feelings will guide him. My heart and prayers are with you both. The cactus is a great idea for this color challenge - love how you brought both elements of this challenge together. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PJ this is so clever your cactus are perfect for this colour combo - great job! Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~