Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Sketch #478 & Challenge #114 Let's set sail, Lilypad Lake, Stampin up

I made this card for the challenge at:
and
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Let's Set Sail & Lilypad Lake
I chose an embossing folder that looks like waves, 
I then stamped the horizontal strip with an image 
that resembled the water so my boat had a 
place to set sail.  
It seemed a little plain, so I added a lovely sunset
with birds to give it that summer evening vibe.  
The sentiment I picked was exactly what I 
needed to hear today. God answered my 
prayer in a big way.  
I have been driving my daughter to work
until her car is fixed.  And this Thursday it 
would have been extra driving to a much 
further destination.  I am not really doing 
so great with the driving and seeing yet, 
but I manage, it just causes more stress on 
my system.  Anyways
God came through for us.  and Thursday
a woman at her job said she'd give her a ride.
Praise the LORD.  
So I'm just responsible for the 30 minute drive. 
I thought I'd share a picture of our side yard.
I love summer.  
Are these beautiful flowers?  so many blooms.
HP is doing the same, drinking and eating
is a challenge but he is doing it.  The eye
bothers him, but he's not in pain the vet says
Bless his heart he is staying strong for us.  

Thank you for your continued prayers and
encouragement as I recover from covid.  
And also,  for my dog, HP.

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ



 

9 comments:

  1. Great two ways to create the water for your sailboat! Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. (My yellow lilies bloomed yesterday too. They are such beautiful flowers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful, calming card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Heart Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent choice of a wave embossing folder for your focal point of a little sea night scene and great sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card. I love the wave background and the fun nautical theme. Thank you for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to you joining us again.
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card PJ, I love the sailboat, the texture on the blue to emulate water and the crisp of the white, it is great! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have combined both challenges perfectly! Love the background textures and sailboats are always a favorite of mine too!
    Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I absolutely love this!! Your use of the sketch is so perfect! And the dry embossed background goes so well. Love the tender mercy you shared with your daughters ride too :) It's the little things! Pretty yard too! Thanks for joining us at Double trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patty, love your ocean-themed card using AHSC sketch and your embossed background for our Double Trouble challenge! Everything about your card is lovely!! I hope your continue to recover and share your beautiful card with us!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, Patty! Thank you for joining in the fun at Double Trouble Challenge #114.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~