Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Sketch 479 & Challenge #114 Friends are like Seashells, Stampin Up

Well here is the card I made for the challenges at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Paper pumpkin: Hope box and
Friends are like seashells 
For the background, I did a combination of,
dry embossing, and then die cutting it out.  
I also decided to sponge some color on the images 
in the background.  
I knew the three circles would have to pop in 
order to stand out with the back drop I created, so
I chose a chocolate color to accentuate each
of the stamped images.
However, I didn't want the circles to be gigantic and
take away from the background, so I made them smaller.
In doing so I offset them on accident hence the 
lovely twine on the side.  I knotted it in three places,
to break it up a bit.  
I added a few little pearl embellishments, 
Did you spot them on there?  
HP  was not happy with me.  I had my 
husband take him, because the little guy
can pull quite hard, (hence he wears a 
chest harness for walking)  and I didn't want 
to throw out my back or drop my 
new phone.  So I'm getting the look from
my little darling dog. 
This is a picture of my pumpkins
growing right up my little bee hive
trellis, I don't think it will hold up. 
But it looks nice for now.  
Here is our little garden, forgive me if 
you've already viewed the pictures on 
my instagram story.   I put them over there
to take a poll.  We added windchimes
in there by the raspberries, to keep the birdies
off of them, it hasn't helped, if anything 
I think they are more attracted to it then
ever now.  haha   I suppose we might have
to get a net like my friend suggested.  
My grandpa use to have nets on his 
raspberry patch too.  I should have 
known better. 
In my previous post, I shared a picture of 
our grapevine.  It's starting to get little grapes 
already.  I'm still so amazed it survives under
the black walnut tree with the juglone. 

Thank you for your continued prayers and
encouragement as I recover from covid.  
And also,  for my dog, HP.

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ





 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful background on your card PJ! Love the colors too. Mounting the shells and sentiment was a really good idea.
    Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors and arrangement of your embossed and stamped background is beautiful and love that you popped up the small circle and added stamps coordinating with your sea background. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and AHSC and please come back for future fun challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, what an inspirational background you've created with the SU stamp set and embossing folder! I really like how you sponged the raised shells before overlaying them with the die cuts... great choice of colors, too!! Thank you for sharing your creativity once again with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, PJ! I love the summer seashore theme. Your embossed and colored background are the perfect backdrop for your pretty shells. I love your trio of colored spotlights over such a tranquil scene. Well done! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us this week at AHSC. Please join us again soon.
    :) Marie
    AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEART EYES!!! I absolutely love this card! Seashells are one of my favorite things and this is such a darling card with that seashell set!! Your background is beautiful and the way you used the sketch is perfection. Thank you for playing with us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous embossing and shading! The circles do pop and are lovely images. Thank you for sharing your project at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely palette for this card, gorgeous stamping on your background paired with the cute images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card. I love the soft colors with the pops of brown. Thank you for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and hope to see you again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, I love it. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~