Sunday, February 12, 2023

Sympathy Card

It's always sad when one has
to make a sympathy card.    I know it's part 
of life, but when it is a young person it 
just seems all the more heartbreaking.  
I decided to use the lovely sketch at:
Sunday Stamps for inspiration. 
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Woven Heirlooms, Flourish Phrases,
Irresistible Blooms 
I recently had someone ask if I ever share measurements.
I honestly never thought to do such a thing.
or even for that fact the colors of card stock or ink
pads.  I am such a visual person I just assume everyone
who makes cards kind of has an idea.  I suppose that 
was quite ignorant on my part.  and speaking 
of ignorance, I'm not too handy with measuring, my idea
of using a ruler is usually guessing.  wink.  
For instance this card took me multiple times
trimming down the sides to get
 a nice "thick" border.  
I wasn't too sure about adding the jewel 
embellishments to a sympathy card, but I 
thought it just needed a little something more.  
Here is my little darling.  I've been noticing the 
gray coming in along his jaw line.  I'm in 
denial that he will be 12 this year.  

Job 1:21
"And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb,
and naked shall I return thither: The LORD gave,
and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the 
name of the LORD."

Be sure to visit my instagram page.  I'm
having a little  stamp set giveaway 
 All the details are there. 

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

4 comments:

  1. Very nice and peaceful sympathy card PJ, you used the sketch very well. Thank you for sharing with us over at SUNDAY STAMPS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone else used that "wreath" die in this challenge and I am just loving it!! I am gonna have to find it!! Your card is beautifully put together!! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over @ Sunday Stamps! -Deb Horst, DT #SSC302

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Patty - perfect color choices for this loving card - sure to comfort. Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Love the layering and the beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~