Monday, October 9, 2023

Halloween Card #5 for the 2023 Season

Hello Stamping Friends.
I brought out the old embossing folders and chose this one
for my card today.  It seems perfect for a Halloween card. 
I'm not quite sure on how to color a dry embossed 
piece of cardstock, especially when using multiple colors.
So I just did the best I could with a sponge.  It sort of
gives it a watercolor look. 
I will submit this card to the challenge at:
I am pleased to say I had 3 out of the 4 colors.
So for old olive, I used always artichoke.  It 
was the closest green I had on hand.
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Pick of the Patch, and the wagon die
from This Birthday Piggy
So after all the sponging over the embossed card 
stock, I then got to work stamping and cutting out 
the pieces, there is a matching punch for a couple of the 
pumpkins which is always lovely.  The wagon is a die,
and I chose to make it black, so I highlighted it with
a white gel pen to look a bit more spooky.  All the stems
of the pumpkins are done in the green, and so is the gourd. 
The purple is on the bush next to the wagon, and a few pumpkins.
The black is highlighted in the tree, pumpkin, wagon, crow and sentiment
also the pumpkin face.  Isn't it funny how easily I fall back into 
adding more and more stuff to my card, especially after the past few cards
have been more simplistic.  
Here is picture of our garden we are taking down
for the winter.  We are in our third year and learning as we
"grow"  we learned this year that it was really hard to 
weed the garden because it got so big, we couldn't 
get to the insides.  So My husband worked his tail
off this weekend and made my vision a reality
look at the individual beds and the paths.  
Next spring we will add the fencing around it all. 
I'm loving it.  I can't wait to take care of it easier
next year.  
The verse I chose for this card is:
Psalm 85:12KJV
Yea, the Lord shall give that which is good;
 and our land shall yield her increase.
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

šŸ’—PJ 


 

2 comments:

  1. I love your card and its little scene! What a fun way to add the background using the embossing folder, and that little wagon is the cutest! And your garden...what a dream it will be to walk down between it come next spring! Good luck! And thanks for playing with my colors at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PJ your little Halloween scene is lovely and I really like the soft colouring of the embossed elements too. Great job on the garden - this will make things super accessible next year. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~