Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Christmas Pinecones

Did September just fly by for anyone else?
I can't believe it's already Oct. 4th. 
What does this gal do when she feels down? 
Make a Christmas card, of course. 
I will submit this card to the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Beary Cute, Christmas Season 
The sentiment on this card is from the new 
Beary Cute stamp set.  It is a long one, but I masked
it with tape, so I had to stamp the Merry, and then underneath
the Christmas.  I love how it turned out.  The rest 
was just stamping the images directly on the white
cardstock, except for the pine cones, those I stamped
and then cut out so that I could add some dimensionals 
to them.  I filled in some of the white space with a little
dot stamping.  I inked off a couple times to keep it light
looking and not overpower the whole picture.  I'm 
amazed at how well the bow turned out for me today. 
I'm trying my hand at making a sourdough starter. 
This is my first time doing this, so if you have 
any helpful tips or advice please let me know.  

Below is a picture of my first doily. I'm so
impressed I did it.  My husband was even 
proud of me.  That made my day.  Perhaps
I will add these to my etsy shop.  I just need
to get myself some more yarn.  
Here is a couple pictures of the trees in our
yard.  The ash tree might not hit it's peak
colors of red, since it's losing the leaves so fast
this year.  Nevertheless, lovely.  
The black walnut is always a gorgeous
looking tree.  The sheer size is what
makes this tree so grand. 
We are blessed to have such lovely trees
in our yard.  

The verse I chose for this card is:
John 17:3 KJV
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only
 true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

šŸ’—PJ 

 

4 comments:

  1. Love all the layering on your card. So much dimension. Beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at AHSC !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinecones are my favorite Christmas decoration! I have a huge box of them that I've collected over the years. Yours are beautiful, and your gorgeous bow just the perfect pop of color. Thank you so much for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and festive interpretation of the sketch! Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Christmas card. Festive interpretation of our sketch. Your bow is perfect and I'm amazed that words on the sentiment were stamped separately. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~