Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Christmas Wrapping Paper Rolls

Hello Stamping Friends. 
I sure do have a lot to share with you today. 
First off I made this card for the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Wishing You Well,
Holly Jolly Wishes, Nothing Sweeter 
When I saw the sketch I had no idea what
I would do.  I thought narrow pine trees, or 
candle sticks, well folks, I  chose 
Christmas. and I made mini wrapping paper rolls.
But first I used actual wrapping paper that
I had received as a gift from my daughter.  I save the 
pretty paper for such things as this.  So I wrapped 
my card stock with this delightful wrapping paper. 
Then I took some DSP and cut it to one inch wide and four inches long.
I rolled it up like cigarettes.  Now I have not ever rolled 
cigarettes, but I had a great uncle that use to, and I always
thought it to be quite fascinating.   However, paper rolling 
the DSP was not as easy as one would think, being it's a bit
stiff. but I curled it around a pencil and just kept working with it.
I really love how it looks like wrapping paper rolls. 
I then put the banner over the top with the sentiment
and added a bow that I stamped and cut out.  
I added a bit of ribbon to the top and bottom
to keep with the gift wrapping theme.  
What a fun little card.  Should be quite the challenge
to mail.  Perhaps this one will have to be given in person. 

Now for a few stories.  
We have been dealing with a lot of annoyances 
here in the old home.  First, there were baby mice, 8 to 
be exact.  My husband said he thinks he got the mama 
because she was huge and in the trap.  I asked if it was 
a rat, and he says no.  So I trust him.  Well I'm happy to report 
that he found two mice nests.  So those are now gone.  
Then we have been dealing with bees in the house as well. 
This is not any fun at all, No wonder my blood pressure 
is always elevated.  Sigh!!  well after 20 bees in the house,
and the vacuum cleaner always ready to aim and suck them down,
My darling went outside and noticed where they were swarming,
so he started ripping off the siding.  Look what he found. 
My friends, this man of mine stayed up late
and got all the hive out of this location.  
and what  a job it was.  Thank the LORD he 
didn't get stung.  I just pray that this is 
the only hive in the house.  IT was huge.  
I wanted to share all the seeds I harvested from our
little garden this past summer.  I still have to 
wait for our pumpkin seeds, but I will get those drying
after Halloween.  I'm so excited about this garden 
adventure we are on.  It's so fun.  Learning as we "Grow"
Because of all the stress lately, my husband stopped
off at the store and got me a special surprise treat.  He said
it was a peace offering.  What a sweetheart.  
The verse I chose for this card is:
1 Peter 4:10 KJV
 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same
 one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

šŸ’—PJ 


 

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! You did such an amazing job on your card! I love how you made the wrapping paper!! You know our story about the bees. Not fun!! Rob is so sweet to bring you such a lovely treat! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea to make wrapping paper rolls! I never would have come up with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card, I love the background, great job! ! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, PJ! I love the use of shiny wrapping paper as a base layer for the lovely patterned paper strips. You really did an excellent job with this challenge! Thanks for playing along with us this week and sharing your talent with us at AHSC.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~