Friday, March 12, 2021

Sketch #411~ Magic Color Slider, Push Here, Lawn Fawn. Comfort & Hope, Home to Roost, Watercolor Wings, Stampin up, Spinner Card

I'm getting excited for summer, we got a little taste
of spring weather the other day, and it was awesome.  
Every since I joined the smart phone community I've
been hooked on the instagram.  I follow this woman 
who makes pottery.  Oh gosh that would be so fun
to do, I'd probably make one giant mess.  
But I imagine that is a huge investment.  I believe that
any and all hobbies really are an expense.  Just seems 
like having a kiln and clay and glazes could really add 
up quickly.  So I will just dream, and watch her videos. 
I honestly can't believe I got a card made today.  
Dealing with extra leg swelling and pain, and lack 
of sleep lately.   I had a hard time sitting and trying 
to focus.  I didn't want to wear my compression 
socks so I did a lot of elevating my legs. 
I will submit my card to the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Lawn Fawn:  Magic Color Slider
Lawn Fawn:  Push Here
Stampin Up:  Comfort & Hope
Stampin Up:  Home to Roost
Stampin Up:  Watercolor Wings  
When I saw this sketch I immediately thought 
spinner card, then after choosing the butterfly
I realized I'd have to create quite a large opening
in order for it to spin freely.  so after doing this,
I then realized writing on the inside of this card
would look silly, so hence the inside has the little 
arrow pointing to the back where the writing 
will be, so to keep the inside clean.  
I added clear wink of stella to the entire butterfly
so it would sparkle.  I made a little video so you 
could see it in action.  I think it's pretty cool. 

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 
pjs.projects

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  So make sure to check it out. 😊



9 comments:

  1. Such a fun card, genius idea to include the writing on the back! I so agree that hobbies can get expensive.....I so want to get into quilting, but I have spent a small fortune on paper and good fabric is way more expensive than paper! I need to hit the lotto or something! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the floating butterfly, it's been a long time since I've made something like this so thank you for the inspiration!
    Thanks for sharing with AHSC.
    Patty S - Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely butterfly with extra special spinning feature! Thank you for reminding me of that fun trick! What a very clever way to rock the sketch. Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an adorable spinner card! I love the idea of using the butterfly. I have made several of this this card for Jennifer - she loves to spin them! Unfortunately, today's crafts are very expensive. We have a ceramic store in town that we take Jennifer to sometimes. It eliminates a lot of the expense. Maybe you have one close to you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty spinner card and such a great take on the sketch! I love the idea of writing on the back! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty!!! The butterfly is stunning. Thanks for playing with us this week at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, I love the butterfly with the hidden sentiment behind it. Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool technique! Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative take on the sketch. The large butterfly makes the card even more fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~