Thursday, July 28, 2022

Sketch #483~ The Best Remedy, Stampin Up

I am just in one of those moods, where I 
feel like, "what's the use?"   What I mean 
by that is card making is so much fun, but
I often wonder what will become of it.  
I just get bummed because I feel like if I 
invested my time say in a potters wheel, or 
perhaps macrame, that is something that would last
and people would like it more then a card. 
I also feel like the price of postage is
constantly going up. Hence the main reason
I closed my etsy shop.   Well, I suppose I also
wonder now that I have a little collection of 
stamps and accessories, there is no turning back.
So perhaps it's guilt I'm feeling at the cost
of all my supplies, after all it is just a hobby.  
I'm a stampin up "hobby" demonstator,  I've 
just not ever been a good sales person, even 
when I worked at JcPenney's.  I understand
the cost of living (especially now) and the price
is sometimes just not affordable.  I don't like to be
pushed into things, so I'm not a pushy person. 
I honestly don't know where I'm going with my thoughts
here this evening, just venting I suppose. 
I did just have a funny thought though, Maybe it's 
because I wasn't a cheerleader in high school.  
you know those high energy kind of gals,
that know how to get the crowd on their 
feet and excited about even a losing game.  
Well at least I show up for the game. 

Enough with my pity party.  
I made this card for the challenge at:
The stamp set featured in this card is:
Stampin Up:  The Best Remedy 

How does one color a skunk and yet still 
see the lines in the stamped image.  That 
was my dilemma while making this card.  
Then I went for bold DSP for the banners
and background paper.  It might be a bit
busy, but there it is folks.  It just wouldn't
be a good week for me  if I don't  play along with 
this challenge.   They really test your creative 
skills here, especially today's sketch.  
I'm always trying to save the honey and bumble
bees,  They seem quite pleased with the sunflowers. 
The raspberries are doing well too, we just 
picked our third little dish of them.  Delicious. 
They remind me of my childhood.  Granddad 
had a HUGE raspberry patch.  
Darling HP is doing ok.  He threw up
quite a bit yesterday.  I'm hoping it was 
just heat, or perhaps upset tummy and 
nothing more alarming.  
He has been doing pretty good today,
much sleep, and his  bad eye looks 
very glossy today, but otherwise
he is doing ok. I love how he crosses
his paws. He's such a love. 
Thanks for listening/reading my grumbles.  
I really have a lot to be thankful for.  
So I need to focus more on that.  

Thank you for your continued prayers and
encouragement as I recover from covid.  
And also,  for my dog, HP.

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ





 

4 comments:

  1. Love the black cardstock behind your paper strips, makes everything stand out! Great card!
    Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bold colors are just what was right for a backdrop to the skunk. Love the color and woodsy flora paper. Thank you for the loyalty and creativity you bring to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! I love the black behind all the papers, it really makes the cute little skunk stand out! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch every week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card. I love the skunk and the ice cream! Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~