Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Glory To God Christmas Card

Guess who made a Christmas card?  
Oh how I do love Christmas card making. 
Some of my other cards always seem to be 
hit or miss on instagram.  So maybe I should 
just focus on all Christmas all the time.  haha 
I followed the sketch at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Decorated with happiness, Night Divine,
Reason for the season, Peaceful boughs, and 
the stitched shape dies. 
I started off thinking I would be using ornaments to 
go around the sentiment and the oval.  However, after
coloring and cutting them out, it just didn't seem to match
the elegance of the oval or the sentiment.  So hence the 
poinsettia, pinecones and pine sprigs.  I use some 
dimensionals to pop up the oval and then went to work
layering the arrangement.  Now for the little embellishments
I chose white sequins to blend in.  Did you notice I embossed
the white cardstock in the background with snowflakes?  
I had so much fun making this card, I had the Christmas tunes
playing and it was nice and cozy, even as it was storming outside. 

I thought this was the perfect picture(below)for today. 
It was a good reminder for me too, since I had another 
lovely experience with doctors.  This time I went 
for a second opinion for my eyes last Friday.  My appointment
was at 7:15 A.M.  Well on Saturday my one eye (the bad one)
was still dilated.  Oh boy after crying hard, which I'm sure
did not help it at all.  I asked for my fb friends to pray for me
and by Sunday the dilation was normal.  I was still quite 
upset about it, and told my husband I don't think it's right,
he says, "want me to get a caliber to measure your pupils?"  
Isn't he the cute one.  haha. 
The little guy was moving his bed closer and closer 
to my stamp room, the little darling.  
The verse I chose for this card is:
Isaiah 9:6KJV
 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
 and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
 and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, 
The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

šŸ’—PJ 





 

5 comments:

  1. What stunning holiday florals to go with that beautiful oval sentiment. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card! Those poinsettias look fabulous around the sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week. Please join us again soon!
    :) Marie
    AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card reminding us of the true message of Christmas.The poinsettias, pine sprigs and pine cones remind me of the Christmas season, at least in the northern parts of North America. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card. I love the way you tucked some of the poinsettias and pine cones behind the oval with the sentiment--how clever! I would never have thought of that as a way to make the sketch work. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I love it, I love the colours, the layering of your flowers in the cluster, it is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~