Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Santa is Checking His List

I got busy cleaning up my plants today.  
That is a full time job.  Good golly I love them, 
but they are a handful.   Hopefully this weekend
my sweetheart will help me repot a few.  
I don't know how I turned into the plant lady. 
It started with a just a couple, and now I have 
 more then 50.   It's like when I got my 
ears pierced it started out just the normal 
one on each side and now I have seven.  Good grief.
I don't know when to stop. 
Well, after all that snipping, I realized I made
a mistake with my lovely orchid, that is actually blooming
again.  I cut the aerial roots.  They were shooting out all over 
the place.  I should have just repotted her.  Gosh I'm hoping she will survive. 
So to relax and calm down, I decided it was time for Christmas. 
and you all know what I mean by that.  It was Christmas card making
time again.  Nothing makes me destress better then that.   
So I turned on the Christmas music and got to work
with this little gem.  I will submit it to the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Signs of Santa
Lawn Fawn:  Christmas Dreams 
I used an embossing folder to create the center 
piece. In my mind it looked like a stone fireplace,
so hence that is the direction I went. I had so much fun
stamping and coloring this little scene.  Even though 
it was difficult to see some of the project I kept at it
with my glasses on and I love how cozy it looks,
right down to the rug in front of the firepalce and the cookies on 
the mantel.   Notice how Santa is checking his list just one
more time before filling the stockings.  haha. 
That is one of my favorite little pine 
trees in the yard.  It has the best layers for 
catching leaves.  
I want to get some more yarn colors to keep working 
on these.  They are fun to make.  I think some fall/autumn ones
would be a nice touch too.  
The verse I chose for this card is:
1 Peter 4:10KJV
As every man hath received the gift,
 even so minister the same one to another,
 as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

šŸ’—PJ 




 

3 comments:

  1. Very clever to see a fireplace in that center piece and create a marvelous fun Christmas scene around it. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Christmas card. What a great Christmas scene you've created. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, I love it! I love the fireplace and how it has cookies for Santa, so many small but fabulous details! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~