Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Harvest Thank you

I made this harvest card for my dad, to 
thank him for being such a helper.  
He always has the best word phrases. 
and the one he uses when he don't understand
what I'm talking about because I talk a mile
a minute (they say) is: I'm
"corn-fused"  haha I love it.  So I thought 
this was the perfect card for him. 
I will submit it to the challenge at:
The stamp set featured in this card is:
Lawn Fawn:  Happy Harvest 
Another card of mine with just plain old 
basic stamping techniques.  A bit of fussy cutting
with this one.  When I was cutting out the corn
stalks I was thinking of my own little garden,
and I think I figured out why the corn cobs didn't
get full of kernels.  I guess you are suppose to 
plant them in rows.  haha imagine that.  I planted
ours on the perimeter of our garden but not in rows.  
Next year I will do better.  Lord willing.  Any ways,
that is what I occupied my mind with when I was 
cutting.  Then it was a matter of placement so 
the little scarecrow would sit nicely to scare away 
the crows.  Of course I had to think of the Wizard
of Oz when I was coloring and cutting him out.  
I really like the Stampin up DSP I used for 
this card.  It has nice harvest/fall colors.  
My darling son celebrated his 30th birthday yesterday.
I'm so happy he was able to come home.  We planned 
on going by him, but he wanted to come home.  Bless his heart.
I'm so grateful for all that have prayed for him since his 
bad bike accident in August.  As you can see from the 
above picture I took yesterday, he is back at it.  
Glory to God. 
Here is a picture of this little sweetheart. Right in 
the middle of the walk way again, and so darn cute. 
Now you all know I love house plants,
and I had quite a collection of African Violets.
Well, there is one particular one that I'm most 
fond of.  Anyways somewhere along the way
with all that has been going on with my health, 
I've neglected them.  It just dawned on me the other
day that my beautiful big purple one was no more. I 
had propagated three hoping one of them would be it.
I'm happy to say this could be the one.  In the picture above.
Her blooms are about the size of a 50 cent piece. So when it 
opens all the way I will know, and if it is, I will be 
propagating many little leaves from her. In hopes 
that she will not become extinct.  

The verse I chose for this card is:
Psalm 9:1 KJV
I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; 
I will shew forth all thy marvelous works.
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

šŸ’—PJ 


 

3 comments:

  1. Perfect autumn colors for your cute scarecrow! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fall card! Your scarecrow is super cute! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love that little scarecrow, he is adorable! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~