Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Sketch 279~Fall for All, Stampin Up


 I was so excited to play with this stamp set.  
Short story:   I had owned the lovely stampin up, 1999~Fall for All many years ago, most likely when it first came out,  however, I  sold it, not thinking I would use it much.  Well by golly I was so wrong.  It has a darling little boy and girl in the set, and it reminds me of my kiddos.  I've done that with one other set, and ironically it has a little boy and girl in that one too.  Any ways I found this set on ebay and it was reasonably priced and it came yesterday and in awesome condition.  Aww.. so happy.   I will send this to the ebay seller to show my appreciation.  I hope they will like it.

So I will submit this card to the:
I added a few layers of card stock to match the color of the leaves.  I used washi tape for the background with a gold ribbon for the narrow piece.   I had wonderful leaf brads that matched but it seemed to take away from the image, so I chose little gold brads on the bottom.  I liked that much better. 

I'm thinking of adding one more card in the challenge with the other set I mentioned above.   I just have to get busy and make it.  That might not happen today.  My dad just phoned me and asked me to send a card to one of his friends, so that got me thinking it's time to send out a few cards to my friends as well.  I truly do love making cards,  I'm just not the best at getting them in the mail.   In fact I have quite a few cards on hand.. I try to donate them to places too, but they pile up.  I might have to invest in one of those over the door shoe organizers, I think that will hold the cards nicely. 

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ


4 comments:

  1. What a fun story about this stamp set!! Your card is so sweet!! The Ebay seller is going to love it! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming story and image! Clever use of washi tape for that part of the sketch.
    I have used an over the door hanger to hold punches for years, and never thought of using one to organize cards!!! Thank you for a fabulous idea. Check out Send a Smile 4 Kids for a place to donate some happy children's cards. Big thank you for sharing at AHSC this week. Dena, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you found the stamp and even more that you are sending the card to the Ebay seller. Sometimes we do not realize what we have until it is gone, glad you got it back! Your card is adorable, I love the colours and your colouring is great!
    Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun story about getting your stamp a second time. I am so thankful for second chances. Love your sweet card and the fact that you are sending it to the seller of the stamps.Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~