Wednesday, August 29, 2018

TMR #93 Photography & Cameras, Snapshot, Waterfront, Vintage Leaves, Fall for All, High Tide, Lilypad Lake Stampin Up




 I am so super excited to be the guest designer for:
Where the challenge this time is:
I did not have any cameras or photography stamps on hand, which was a great excuse to send me looking for something on ebay, and I was so pleasantly surprised to find this lovely stampin up camera "snapshot" so when it arrived, I  began creating. 
I made 3 different cards, and I actually had my family and friends vote on which one they thought would be most suitable for the Male Room challenge, and quite honestly the leaf card was top notch.   And the quick story behind this is my mom who just recently passed away (January), LOVED to take family photos, and pictures of dad's cars and such, she liked to "document" everything, we call her photo room the "archives"  it's loaded with albums of our lives, and in great detail.   So when I was trying to think of a card, I wanted to make it special in her honor, however I  thought scenery and then thought just the camera.  It was my dad who said do something with a leaf.  I think you could make it fabulous, and by golly folks, that's the one that most family and friends liked.   So that's the story behind the card, and the details are as follows:

Stampin Up: Snapshot
Stampin Up: Vintage Leaves
Stampin up: Fall for all
The sentiment is from Michael's Craft store
I colored the camera with Autumn colors to stick with the leaves, and I thought it was a big more masculine, I added some silver foil paper to the center before adding the leaf, and some silver brads to give it some dimension.  Did you notice I used an embossing folder that resembles the polaroid pictures?   I think that was a nice touch, but hard to see. 

The details for the other two cards are as follows:

Stampin Up: Snapshot
Heidi Grace: Rubber stamp words
Stampin Up: Waterfront
Stampin Up: High Tide
Stampin Up:  Lilypad Lake

Well I hope I did a good job as the Guest designer, and maybe inspired you a bit.  I can't wait to see all the amazing cards you will come up with.  I'm sure they will be amazing.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.

Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.
PJ






4 comments:

  1. I love ALL of the cards you made, but I agree with your family. The leaf one is so beautiful. Thank you for inspiring us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Ithought the leaf card was pretty special anyway, but noe I’ve read the story behind its creation I’m even more impressed! Thanks for being such a great Guest Designer here at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a beautiful card and lovely thoughts about your Mother and family, the other cards are fab too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing you are that you've created three lovely cards for the Photography & Cameras challenge. Thanks for guest designing at The Male Room and we are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~