Saturday, August 25, 2018

Sketch 278~Night In Bethlehem, Snowflake Sentiments, Stampin Up


 Well it's getting real to us that we are having our floors fixed.  After 17 years living in our old home, we have finally made the decision to do it.  We got estimates to actually jack our house up and re-level but that was very much out of our price range, we had been looking for a different home, but there again, we can't afford that, so we chose to fix up what we have.  It won't be completely perfect because of the logs, but it will be better, and we are praying that it will indeed help my back and legs.    Any ways, the contractor dropped off the basement windows.   You might think what does that have to do with leveling floors, well since we were doing the floor we thought we might as well get the windows replaced, they are the single pain, wooden frames that are rotten, and they leak horribly.  Actually one is not even a window just plywood.  It will be nice to get them installed.    So today we were downstairs in the "dungeon" as I call it,  trying to organize boxes and such and I realized, we have turned into a storage shed for our kiddos who are grown and moved out.  That's ok though, at least they know where their stuff is should they need it.  


As you can imagine hubby is sleeping in the chair with the game on, and I headed to my porch to play.  So I made a lovely Christmas Card.  I will submit it to the challenge at: 

The stamps featured in today's card are:
Stamping Up: Snowflake Sentiments 
Stampin Up: Night In Bethlehem
I did a bit of dry embossing on the side strips to give them some character so they were not so plain, but it's hard to see on the photo, as is the gold glossy background paper.  I suppose I should have waited until the morning to take a picture, but I like to try and make a blog post every day.  
I'm also sharing a picture of the rocks I painted again.  It's so much fun to do this.  I hope people appreciate them when they find them around town. 

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ





















4 comments:

  1. How beautiful!!! Love the red and gold together. And what great stamps too. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! I love the clean look of your color scheme and the brilliant idea of using the Christmas figures instead of flowers. A truly wonderful card!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful Christmas card! I really like the red and gold color combo and the stamps that you used. Thanks so much for playing along with us at AHSC! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red and gold combo is really striking and I love the sentiment too! The figures instead of flowers was a great interpretation of the sketch! Good luck on your remodeling! Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Linda
    DT Member
    www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~