Saturday, September 8, 2018

CTS #288~School Bus Messages Simon Says, School Set, Stampin Up



  I always enjoy making cards, and especially for all the many different challenge blogs, it's such a wonderful community of stampers, and the encouragement is amazing.  However, I spent an hour or more this morning making the unicorn card below.   My niece asked me to make her a birthday card, that had a unicorn on it, and per her request she wanted me to draw it and not use any stamps.  Well, I actually didn't have any unicorn stamps, so I had to draw it, and I'm no artist, but I found one that looked simple enough for me to try and sketch out.  So it began, and let me further add that I had a lovely eraser on top of my pencil, now I have no eraser left, so that gives you an idea of how many mistakes I made with that card.  😉  After the initial sketch, I then used a permanent black marker to make the lines darker so I could begin the coloring.  Then I just layered it on some card stock and added a  few embellishments that I thought she would like.

So after that I brought out a few of my stamp sets to play with so I could make a card for the challenge at:
I thought this sketch would work fabulously with my new bus stamp.   I embossed the background card stock so it would resemble a piece of notebook paper.  Then I stamped that cute bus, did a bit of coloring and fussy cutting and placed him on the card.   Oh I can just imagine some darling forest critters driving the bus, perhaps next time.   I have to say the most exciting thing about this card for me is the bumper sentiment.  Oh my gosh, the sentiment on the inside of the card was intended to be on the front, but it seemed a bit big and overpowering, so I looked for a narrow one that would fit in the bumper and there it is folks, and what's more is it actually lined up pretty good in there with no inky mistakes. HOLY SMOKES that made my day. 
Stamp sets featured in today's card:
Simon Says: School Bus Messages
Stampin Up: School Set 

I'm also adding a picture of my HP.. he's have a sad day, because he had to have a sock put on his paw to keep him from licking it.   He gets sores from all the licking during allergy season.  He's not happy with me, however he's still such a sweetheart.  

Thank you for stopping by for a visit. 
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ




1 comment:

  1. Cute cards! I love the school bus and all of the details. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~