Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Sketch #283 Spooky Cat, Spooky Sweets, Cauldron Bubble


  A little bit of a recap for ya all,  like I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm in a Halloween card making kick lately.   I'm usually not to good at making Halloween cards but this year I was able to purchase a few sets and have enjoyed playing with them.
I will be submitting this card to the fantastic challenge at:
Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge
It's always exciting for me to play along with sketch challenges.  Sometimes I try to stay quite true to the picture and other times like today, I let my imagination go a bit "wild"    I hope ya can all clearly still see the sketch in my card though.    The broom brush and rat are the two little images I chose for below the horizontal line, and the owl resting on the stick of the broom, the potion bottles and the 2nd rat  are my three items for the left hand side of the card.  I used bats for the upper part of the sketch, I even added a couple little enamel dots on them to my them sparkle.  I mixed and matched papers and stamp sets for this card.  The pumpkins on the horizontal line is washi tape.  I added a big yellow moon behind the cat to help her stand out a bit, however, I still wasn't pleased with her so I gave her a cute little bow.  Part of me wishes I stamped the owl in black and the eyes in green, but I suppose next time for that idea.  

The stamp sets featured in this card are: 
Stampin Up:  Spooky Cat
Stampin Up: Spooky Sweets
Stampin Up: Cauldron Bubble

I thought I'd include a picture of what was an awesome moon, but my camera would not cooperate.  Imagine that?  


Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ

5 comments:

  1. I love your Halloween card! I think it is really wonderful the Halloween bug has bitten you this year. I love the kitty paper in the background. Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, I love the happy owloween! So cute! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card. Your laying is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the action going on in your fun Owloween card. It works to change out shapes and bits in sketches - that's why they are such great create starters. Well done, and thanks for joining AHSC this week.
    Dena J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an absolutely adorable Halloween card, PJ! You did a great job mixing papers, I would have assumed they were all from the same set. Good variety of imag s, too, from all the various animals and potion bottles, and I agree the cat needed that full moon behind it and the orange glitter paper sets everything off very nicely. Great job of tying in the inside of the card with the outside, too. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~