Monday, February 15, 2021

Challenge 493 Snailed It, Stampin Up

I had so much fun making this card for the challenge at:

Optional Theme: Peek a Boo


The stamp set featured in this card is:
Stampin Up:  Snailed It  
I debated over putting the die cut
mushrooms on the doors of the little 
windows.  First I was like, just emboss 
them, so I did, then I used pink card stock
with the gold background, then as you can
see I went with the mint color.  I don't know why
the littlest details cause me the most trouble.
I love the inside as much as the outside of this card.  
I think it would have been clever had I 
glued down a penny, a nickel, dime, and a quarter, 
 behind each of those doors.   Well next time. 😉
Today I was on a mission to try and save my prayer plant.
I was told to move it to smaller pots, and then put a plastic
bag over it.  Well we will see what happens.  It can't 
hurt.  The poor thing, just went from bad to worse over the
past 6 months.  It was gorgeous and I actually received 
many compliments on it.  I have had it about 10 years,
and it was huge, then about 6 months ago, YIKES.  
There were no bugs, or mites, I didn't change it's location,
The only thing I can come up with is perhaps it was root 
bound, so I transplanted it, and that's when it took a fast 
slide to it's demise.  I managed to take a leaf and use 
water propagation to grow roots, so hopefully it will 
come back beautiful again.  But truly I'd appreciate any
advice on this prayer plant care.  

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 
pjs.projects

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  So make sure to check it out. 😊



 

7 comments:

  1. Oh so cute - what adorable peekaboos! I'm so loving this suite! Good luck with your prayer plant - I'm having a similar issue with my grandmother's Christmas Cactus I inherited. Maybe this is just a shedding year, sigh. Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I love the mushrooms and the snail and all the little windows you made. Perfect for our challenge at Try Stampin'On Tuesday. Thank you for sharing. Valérie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, Patty! You nailed the "peek-a-boo" challenge with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! Love your color combo! Thank you for sharing it with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous peek-a-boo card, PJ! The colors are fabulous and you captured the sketch perfectly. Thank you for playing along with us at TSOT #493.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't go wrong with this bundle! Great card! Thank you for joining us at TSOT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Patty! Your cute card was chosen as one of Try Stampin' on Tuesday's "Top 3"!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~