Thursday, February 4, 2021

Sketch #406 ~Snailed it, Wishing you Well, Woven Heirlooms, Flowing Fountain Stampin up, CTMH Welcome Home

I was excited to play with this stamp set.  
I was not going to get it at first because 
snails kind of remind me of slugs, and those
little things gross me out.  
Many years ago before back surgery, I use
to love going strawberry picking.  I'm 
just that crazy, loved being up that early
in the morning and in the fields, on my hands
and knees crawling in the sand.  Anyways,
after picking all the berries, I came home 
and there were slugs everywhere.  EWW. 
But snails have a cute little house they carry on their
back so I guess that's what makes them a bit more
cute.  haha.  Plus they remind me a little bit of hermit
crabs, to which my kids always had as pets.  
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Snailed It
Stampin Up:  Wishing You Well 

I'm going to submit this card to the challenge at:
I used an embossing folder on the white.
I love that look.  

Now for this next card.  I have to share a story, to
set the scene of what happened.
I have two facebook pages.  One for cards
to try and grow my stampin up business, and 
my etsy shop. 
The other is for family and friends I truly know. 
So on my Card fb page, I've friended many many
people and quite frankly I don't know but perhaps a 
dozen of these people.  Any ways because of the 
election, I started getting a bit political on my posts.
That grinded some peoples gears, and they'd 
lash out quite harshly, and during the 
whole campaigning/election it was getting
a bit ruthless.  I tried to keep my tongue tamed,
any ways I also posted a few things about faith.
So as you can imagine that view point got attacked too.

I really like it when two people can have completely 
different views and yet come together in a friendly way. 
So this is my story of how Jill and I met on line.
She was a firm democrat and I a republican, 
I a Baptist Christian, and her not believing in God,
and at one point she said to save my prayers.  
Then one day out of the blue, she asked if I would
pray for good weather on Sunday.  I said of course Jill.  
I didn't ask why, I just put it in my little prayer journal
and prayed for Sunday's weather to be lovely.
The following week I messaged her and asked how 
the weather was on Sunday.  She said it was 
lovely and that it was for her Son's wedding.  It blessed
my heart so that she trusted me to pray for her
son's wedding day weather.   She told me to look 
for pictures to come on fb.  I was most excited to see the 
pictures. Well, folks I never told Jill this but I felt
led to pray for her salvation.  
Now here's the part that brings me to tears, you see,
Just yesterday I was thinking Jill has been so quiet, 
and I've been posting all sorts of things that would usually
get a comment from her.  So I went to her page. 
and was shocked to learn that she had passed away Dec. 14th 2020
during and emergency surgery.  
I was stunned, I knew her only a couple months, 
but for such a time as this I do Believe God 
had us meet, and I trust Jesus heard my prayers 
and the door was opened to salvation.  
A person just never knows who they will meet 
in this journey in life, but Jill touched my heart 
in the most profound way, and I'm so thankful that
God gave me the opportunity to pray for her.  
Now for this sympathy card it might seem strange.
but you see she owned her own business.  
A lamp store, so in honor and memory of 
Jill. I made this card  for this beloved woman.  
May she rest in God's peace. 
One more little note, each time I posted my cards on
fb she would like it or leave a lovely comment.   
I hope she would be pleased with this one.  
Wish there was same way I knew the address to send it to 
her family.

 I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 
pjs.projects

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  So make sure to check it out. 😊



 

6 comments:

  1. Such a super cute snail card! I am with you, totally not a fan of slugs....but the snail stamps are super cute! Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. If you happen to know the name of her store, maybe you could mail the card there? If not, possibly post it to her Facebook page. Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your card ~ that sweet snail and hearts are just perfect ~ love love love ~ Thanks for joining us at AHSC ~ we sure hope to see you back ~ Denise DT ~ Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute little card! I love the little snails too! So sorry to hear about your friend, may she rest in peace. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card PJ! Great use of the sketch, always love the inside of your cards. As a side note, I too believe people come along randomly to touch our lives, even if briefly & not in person. Have a blessed day and thanks for sharing your cards with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that snail, so cute! Great job, I love it! I am sorry about your friend, what a stunning tribute! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! Love the snail! Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~