Saturday, September 11, 2021

Sketch #437~Pretty Pumpkins, Stampin Up, Holly Berry Happiness

Today is a day of great reflection.  The 20th
year anniversary of such a tragic terrorist attack 
to our beloved country.  Our fellow Americans.  
My heart breaks for that day, and what it 
represented.  The pure hate/evil that is in 
the world.  My heart breaks still for the loved 
ones lost and the lives affected by their loss. 
And Now 20 years later a person can reflect
on how their own personal lives have changed.
And how time marches on and doesn't wait 
for no one.  But for that brief moment the 
world stood still.  In complete horror and 
disbelief of what was happening.  
I remember exactly where I was when 
I heard the news.  My sister was watching 
my little girl, while I dropped my son
off at school.  When I came in the house, 
my sister was crying and said did you hear the news?
I just went into mom panic mode,
thinking it was my son.  When she finally told me 
what was happening, 
I  too was in shock, and yet so grateful that my son was 
ok.  then immediately back to disbelief and shock.  
we had the kids play in a different room, while we watched 
in horror what was happening. I remember just being 
numb all day, glued to the TV when I got 
home, praying for it to stop, and for safety.   
The collapse of the towers,
The people jumping.  The boats waiting 
to take people to safety.  The firemen 
and police officers running to help, 
the paramedics.  God bless those who gave all. 
I'm a heartbroken patriot not only about this
very tragic day, but that the country is in such 
turmoil, and there is such division among us. 
May we be united again, in honor of and 
in memory of all those of 9-11
Now for the card I made for the challenge at:
The stamp set featured in this card:
Stampin Up:  Pretty Pumpkins. 
Stampin Up:  Holly Berry Happiness

I wasn't going to order this set, but my one 
dear customer ordered it, and I thought I better
do the same so I can make cards along with her. 
I'm glad I did.  It is quite "fancy"  It seems like
I always go for the cutesy stuff more so.  But look
at me being all grown up and such.  haha.  Well 
at 50 years old I better start growing up.  
I even made a fancy little white pumpkin there.  
My daughter was impressed.  So that makes it 
a win for me.

 I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.  
 You might just find a stamp or
 stamp set you NEED to purchase.
  Perhaps even a card.  
I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales. 
 So make sure to check it out. 😊







 

5 comments:

  1. Love your card! It is fancy! & perfect for this sketch.
    Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card, love the colors! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card. I love the paper you've chosen. We appreciate you playing along with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love the sentiment, that is to cute! I love the colours, that background paper is beautiful too! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card for Challenge #437 at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~