Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Sketch 436~ Sweet Icecream, Bloom with Hope, Stampin Up

I made this card for the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Sweet Icecream
Stampin Up:  Bloom with Hope 
I wanted to make a fabulous card for my 
beloved.  His birthday was on Tuesday. 
So Monday I was trying to concentrate,
and I just kept getting phone calls, 
This looked like a slim line card sketch to me.  So that is 
what I intended to make. However, I made a smaller 
slimline so it would fit in those size 7 envelopes.  
Any ways, with all the distractions,  And my wandering 
mind, I wrote the measurements down.  It cracks my 
husband up because of how I write them.    I told 
him, between not being able to see the lines well
on my ruler, and not wanting to count to the 16th
I just went with this.  It works best for me.  My own 
little code for measuring.   
I also wrote it down so if you want to make a 
smaller slimline card you now have some
measurements.   You can also do a 6x6  scored
at 3, but I didn't like that as much it left a little too
much wiggle room in the envelope for my liking.  
I used glossy accents and then 
sprinkled on the icecream toppings.  They set up 
nicely that way.   That DSP reminds me of a circus
or something, it's a bit much, but it seemed happy
for a card.   Anyways, 51 looks good on my darling. 
I included a little snapshot of him as he was making
his way to my craft room. 
And yes that is painter's tape on the floor yet.   
He is still painting for me.   Bless his heart. 

 I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.  
 You might just find a stamp or
 stamp set you NEED to purchase.
  Perhaps even a card.  
I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales. 
 So make sure to check it out. 😊







 

8 comments:

  1. Great card, love those ice cream sprinkles! We measure the same way...anytime I am cutting layers, I am always thinking plus 2! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the sparkle and shine! I love this size but have to measure over and over to be sure I'm scoring on the right side. Math stress!
    Thank you for sharing this special birthday card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ice cream cones! So perfect for a fun feeling! Love how you scaled down the slimline card size.
    Thank you for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Love the sprinkles on the ice cream! Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ice cream is always awesome and welcome on a birthday card. =) I love the "over the top" feeling-a birthday is a great excuse to go big! What a great take on the sketch!Thanks for playing with us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stinkin' cute!! What more could you ask for than two double scoops on your birthday!!! Great card - we do appreciate you playing along with us each week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun card, I love the colours and the ice cream, one last hurrah for summer! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Thank you for joining Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge for Sketch 436! Great job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~