Monday, October 30, 2017

RRCB74~Bird House Mini, Festival of Trees and Too Kind from Stampin Up

You will find my CASology Guest Designer Card HERE
I make a lot of cards, so it might get lost in the shuffle of my blog posting.  Hence the above link. 
❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌
I was very determined to make this sketch at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog work for me. 😏

I wanted to stick as close as possible to the design.. so I shortened up those triangles a bit by using the Festival of Trees stampin up set.  I just made sure to stamp the "trunk" of the tree off the side of the paper so I would have nice matching triangles.  Then I pulled out my 1996 Bird House mini to create that image.  I colored it in and used my aqua painter for blending.  I pop dotted him up a bit and stamped the sentiment from the stampin up, Too Kind set.  You know I've come to realize how much I relied on Stampin up to always "stamp" the years on the packaging or the sticker on the stamp.  I wish they still did that.    I think I'm going to start writing the years on my boxes so that way I will know.  
Thank you all for stopping by for a visit.  
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

6 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job with this challenge! Using the trees were a good idea and your birdhouse is so cute!! The blending turned out really good! You are right about SU not putting the years on. I didn't notice that. Im going to start writing it on as well! I'll miss our facebook live tomorrow with Jennifer's birthday and Halloween. I'll have to catch up on Wed. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is a beautiful and clever take on the RETRO RUBBER sketch, this little and adorable bird house looks like it's actually hanging from the branches.
    Beautifully colored too.
    If you ever find yourself looking for the date a Stampin' Up! set was released, a great place is Splitcoaststampers, they have lists of tons of companies and Stampin' Up! has every single stamp set ever released there, with the dates so, as long as you know the name of your stamp set, you will find when it was released, hope this helps.
    Thank you for playing along with us at RETRO RUBBER and hope you play again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a roll! This is wonderful and you hit the sketch perfectly. Love the birdhouse (I had to zoom in to see the cute little birdie!) sitting in the trees. Love it! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope to see you back in our gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet birdhouse! Lovely colouring too, PJ. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on this take as well! Your cards are always a winner with me! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely job with the use of the sketch! The little birdhouse is so cute. You are right it would be nice if companies dated their products, but sigh . . . I too write on my stamps the date of purchase! Thanks so much for playing along and stop by again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~