Sunday, July 22, 2018

RRCB91~ Love Without End Stampin Up SCS


 Today I made a card for my SCS  (Scripture Card Sunday)  and while doing so I found a delightful challenge to play along with.  I'm loving this fabulous sketch to which I based my card that I wish to submit to the following:
 


I used a 2005 Paper Inspirations stamp for the scripture verse. 
A 2003 Stampin up~ two- step stampin Love without end.  Which is for the butterflies.  It was quite difficult to line those little images up, being they are wood mounted.   Some trial and error,  with this card, but eventually I got it.  I even tried to stamp the butterfly outline in black, but it seemed to dark a contrast, so I stamped off the body of the butterfly and when stamping the outline I chose the same color but just a bit darker.  I think that looked much better.  I like how the colors are so happy and vibrant, although I'm not feeling that on the inside.. My card reflects a happy place.  
I even like the little sparkle embellishments.  

I thought I'd share a few pictures of my day.  My dear dad took me for a Sunday afternoon drive.  It was very nice.  I love riding with him in his big truck.  
                                                                                                                                             
We had the great pleasure of seeing the most amazing sites..



 The donkeys, the deer, and gosh the pictures I got of them seem like they are right off a calendar page.  

Then a tree growing right up out of a silo.  If that can happen anything is possible.  RIGHT?   At least that's what I'm hoping for.  A modern day miracle of healing in my legs, and back. 

 Then I couldn't believe how many seagulls were sitting on the roof of the one building I had to take a picture of that. 

 And last but surely not least.  This absolutely gorgeous home, converted into a Museum.  I LOVE It.  Something right out of Gone with the Wind movie or such.  The inside is just as lovely.  I actually toured it with my beloved Aunt Ann when I was younger, and it's beautiful with a divine staircase that branches off in two directions. I should go in again this summer so I can share pictures with you all. 

Thank you so very much for stopping by for a visit. 
I'd love to hear from you.
I appreciate all the comments and kindness.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping











5 comments:

  1. PJ, these are indeed bright and cheerful colours. It was worth persevering and experimenting with those butterflies as they are gorgeous. The pictures of your day out are great, especially the deer on the tracks. Thank you for joining us again at Retro Rubber Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card, PJ! Your butterflies are great and certainly worth the effort. I am so glad that you liked our sketch challenge and played along. Your photos of your day trip are great!! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber! We always love seeing your cards in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card and great sentiment! So nice that you had special time with your Dad! So enjoyed the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PJ, your card is lovely, love the butterfly background and your take on the sketch. The sentiment is very nice. Thanks for sharing your pics of your vacation with your dad and thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PJ, love this gorgeous card, wonderful background and awesome take on the sketch. Your day out looked like fun. Thanks for playing along this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~