Thursday, July 26, 2018

Sketch #274 Varied Vases Stampin Up

 This is the second card I made using my new stampin up Varied vases set with a matching punch.   I must say the inside does match the outside of this card, but after a bazillion (I might have exaggerated a bit) pictures.  I finally just gave up.  I blame the overcast skies and the lighting in my house for surely it can not be the camera operator.. as in me. 😉 Although if my kids were here they'd say, "it's mom"  haha..  Any ways I tried to get a nice picture of the card.  
I'm loving these little vases. There are so many options.  It is exciting.  When I start to come up with an idea there must me smoke rising from my head as I'm thinking on what to do, and then like a madwoman, I start stamping and gluing and cutting and oh my❕what a divine mess.   I can barely find the keyboard to my computer.   Any ways I chose to play along with 
I hope they don't get tired of me entering their challenges.  I just love the sketches.  They are fabulous, and really help a gal think of so many possibilities.   I used 2 dies for the ovals, and a punch to create the image next to the ovals.  I had to punch it a couple times and then I glued it together to make it a little longer then it normally is.  I stamped the cute little scallop and fussy cut that out.  I love that little edge, and then  got me thinking it would work lovely for a shelf too for the vases, However I only put one shelf on because the other vase I pop dotted up.  The sentiment is one image but I masked it with tape and saved the bottom half for the inside of the card.   What a fun creative challenge. 

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping


4 comments:

  1. What a great interpretation of the sketch. That curvy little shape in the sketch made me think of a vase, but I don't have any stamps or dies in that category. Your card is fabulous---great balance and a beautiful color combination. Thanks for playing at AHSC.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet cards. thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Challenge!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card, PJ, I can see why you are enjoying these little vases and scalloped edge images, they have so many possibilities! I love the colors you chose to work with, too. And no worries, I am quite sure no one around here will tire of seeing your lovely work so keep sharing! Thanks for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I'm a bit behind in my commenting. This card is really special. Everything comes together so well! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~