Thursday, November 8, 2018

Color Dare #316 - Monochromatic "Green"Snow Is Glistening Stampin UP


 Did you ever have an idea that you thought would be fabulous, and when all is said and done, it is not nearly as nice as you thought it would be?   Well I give you my card for the challenge at: Color My Heart Color Dare
This is exactly what happened.  I had this lovely vision of using my new stamp set, and was quite challenged to make sure I kept this card Monochromatic with greens. I used white as my neutral color.  However no matter what I tried to"spruce" it up, I just couldn't get that.. "aww. Yes.. that's it" moment.   I even used washi tape (green) cut it out with my oval die, and thought that would help.  I found a green gem to stick in the middle of my snowflake tree topper, which I layered three times.. two in green and one in white. When I looked at it, I thought the tree looked so plain so I chose to have the sentiment (in green) go directly across it as a banner. That helped a little bit.  
Any ways.  I will have to make another card today to combat the feeling of not doing a good enough job on this one.

I'm also adding a picture of this little birdie on my deck.  While our home is in shambles it is comforting to watch the little birds and  know the One that watches them is also watching me.   I know many are praying for our home situation and I am so grateful.  Thank you.  
By the Way:  Contractor is not here right now.  He said he'd get our heat out to the porch today.   Well that has not happened.  He did manage to get our outlet in the wall finally, and in doing so with all his running in out he broke our storm door handle off. 
It's suppose to be dipping into the 20's so that means it will be quite cold in our home.  *sigh

Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ



6 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself about your card. I know it's frustrating when it doesn't match up to what you thought it would be but it's still a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I hate when projects go that way. Many a time I have fussed and fussed only to find that it isn't what I expected. I think your card is super cute and I hope that all goes well with your home. Praying for you my friend. Thank you for joining us in this week's Color My Heart Dare Challenge. <3 Miss. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using just one color can be a really tough challenge. Thanks for still sharing with us even though you personally aren't happy with the card. You've got another challenge to look forward with the Color My Heart Color Dare on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well for all those frustrating things you thought were happening, it didn't seem to bother anyone else...it's a beautiful card. But if you really feel you must redeem yourself (lol) we could sure use some participants at our #317 3-Color (Pomegranate, Sapphire and Saffron) Challenge...great colors for Fall. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have those cards, don't we? Thanks for sharing what I think is a lovely card at CMH Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your card, I'm not sure what you wanted it to look like but I like the shiny green behind the tree. Thanks for sharing with us at the Color My Heart Color Dare Monochromatic Green Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~