Saturday, November 17, 2018

FUSION - Wine O'Clock At Home With You, Stampin Up

 Yesterday our daughter and son in law signed the papers for their first home.  Such an exciting time in their life and ours too.   We couldn't be more happier for them.  Bonus for us is that it is just a few blocks away.    Their home is an older one, but in much better shape then ours.  It is so lovely.  It has that old home charm that I love, a beveled window, stained glass french doors, a stained glass window the shape of an octagon, and a banister that is lovely on the stair case.  OOH  and lot's not forget the beautiful front porch with original bead board.  As you can read I am really fond of their home.  They have some lovely new adaptions as well, recessed lightening, nice new windows, and great cabinetry in the kitchen.   So with all that being said, I wanted to make them a card to congratulate the first time home buyers.  So I chose to use my stampin up set called, At Home with You.  It worked out perfectly.  I tried to make the door look old and worn, but surrounded by beautiful elements. I used two embossing folders, the one for behind the door, and the other to give the strip of brown paper on the side a bit of interest.  I placed it a little bit under that gorgeous ribbon.  
I will be submitting this card to the challenge at:  Fusion
Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  

Our house floor project:  Well folks apparently we have 3 layers of flooring in the kitchen, and once upon a time, whomever laid it down thought it to be handy to screw it in about every 3-4inches, so our contractor is going to leave that layer and try to work from the top.  Which is fine, because we really just want him out of our home, however the sad part is that part of the house will continue to have squeaky floors.  I must say we didn't take on this project to correct squeaky floors, that was a bonus we didn't expect, we did it to level up the house.   So squeaky we can leave with, in fact we have the past 17 years.   As long as they are strong and somewhat more level.  Thank you so much for your continued prayers in this matter.  I have posted pictures in my previous posts of how horrible the floor was and now what it is looking like.  I hope you will check it out. 
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ

2 comments:

  1. wowww great idea!!
    Hi friend, please visit my blog, I have some plant fruits like here.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasure to have your daughter and son-in-law to be living so close! I know I enjoy it. Such a lovely card for her new home. I'm sure they will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~