Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Sketch #342~ #Elfie, Stampin Up, Christmas


  I have been so busy lately stamping cards, I felt a little overwhelmed.  YIKES❕  This is my hobby, it's suppose to be enjoyable.  However, I put pressure on myself to make a set of five cards for a make and take class.   My first one ever.  I suppose I decided to do this to help cover the cost of my hobby.  Well, folks, nobody is signing up, so looks like my box of cards will be heading to my Etsy shop.  I included a picture of the sweet little cards, which included an envelope and clear box.  I thought twenty five dollars was a reasonable price, especially since I'd be doing all the fussy work, but I suppose it's just not meant to be.  That's ok.  I will just go back to making them for the shop, and friends, with NO pressure 😉  I'm also including a picture of the Almo card I made.  I had a woman contact me on my card facebook page to request  an Almo card for a little girl who is waiting for a lung/heart transplant.   I couldn't say no.  I don't have an Almo stamp so I decided to just draw the fuzzy little character,  I hope it brings a smile to her face.   I haven't practiced sketching in a long time, and by the looks of him, I think I best stick to stamping.  



Well now for the card today.  I will submit it to the challenge at:
Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge



The stamp set featured in this card is:
Stampin Up:  #Elfie

I love the sentiment in this set.  I used it on the inside on the card.  I added a bit of puff paint to the Elf hat trim and little hat topper.   I then used pearl paint to color in the white of the stocking.   The background is washi tape that I adhered to white paper then trimmed the edges to give it that banner look.  I really liked the "no peeking" tape until I realized every time I tried to align it just right it was saying something most undesirable for my card.    I just gave up and hope that most people won't notice it, especially if I don't bring it up.  



Thank you for stopping by for a visit.

Please stop in and visit my Etsy Shop.  I have many stamps, stamp sets, embossing folders, papers, and scrapbook clip art that I'm trying to sell.  Of course I have cards and projects too.  I would consider negotiating some prices.  I would love to be able to add more items in the store as soon as I sell a few things.  Thank you

Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ










4 comments:

  1. PJ your cards are all very sweet! I think Elmo turned out perfect! Thank you for sharing everything with AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card and papers, PJ. Thank you for joining us this week at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable little elf, PJ. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. That elf card is adorable! Thank you for joining the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~