Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Sketch #431~Tidings and Trimmings, Stampin Up

I made this card for the challenge at:
The stamp set featured in this card is:
Stampin Up:  Tidings and Trimmings 
When I first saw the sketch I thought of the 
old game Railroad Rush hour.  
Have you ever heard of it?  
Well it sent me searching online, and apparently
there is only traffic rush hour.  But I imagine 
still fun.   We just seem to always gravitate
to the train stuff, being we live next to a rail yard. 
I had a fun time making this card.  I love the
sketch.  It reminds me of weaving. 
I will tell you that it took and embarrassingly 
long time for me to find placement for that 
star and it's little branches.  I was going to 
include the stocking on the front too, but 
it took up too much space, and I couldn't see 
the pattern nicely.  Well in the end I am 
happy with how it turned out, at least 
for the most part.  
Well, I'm happy to say we pulled our 
son's car up to the garage.  Praying that
after they install the electronic module it 
will be ok.   I love doing stuff like this. 
Short story:  I grew up helping my dad in 
the garage all the time.  It was my favorite 
thing to do.  I started working at a parts store 
when I was 18.  I just love cars and trucks.  
As you can see both vehicles are in rough 
shape, but it's ok.  We aren't a rich family
but if they run it's a blessing.  So we are 
very fortunate that the truck has the 
get up and go to still pull.  anyways, hubby
thinks I pull too fast. haha.   I'm also thankful
that I can still drive, with as much stuff as 
I can't do, driving makes me feel "normal"
I mean I can't drive for too many hours 
or I'll be in trouble.  But for short trips
I LOVE it. 
I tried to get a picture of the little olds,
my sweetheart used the chains to to 
pull.  I feel more comfortable with that 
rather then the straps.  Perhaps it's just what I 
grew up using.  In fact those chains are my dad's  

Another fun fact about my love for cars and trucks.
I met my love (husband)at the race tracks.  I'm a city
kid and he a farm boy, but we met at the race tracks.
31 Years ago this August. 

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.  
 You might just find a stamp or
 stamp set you NEED to purchase.
  Perhaps even a card.  
I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales. 
 So make sure to check it out. 😊











 

7 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card, love your paper choices. The gold accents totally make your card! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooohhhhh your card is so pretty! I love the simple color theme. Great use of our sketch. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The papers you used are gorgeous - love the colour scheme. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love how you always finish with something coordinating on the inside. Thank you for playing along with us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gold with the green, so gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on Sketch 431 at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Love the greens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I am late leaving a comment, I have had some health issues lately and will be stepping down. I will miss commenting on your designs every week. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge as always.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~