Friday, January 5, 2024

Card #1 for 2024

Happy New Year!  2024
My first post of the New year.  How very exciting. 
I can't believe it's already the 5th.  Yesterday
was one of those difficult days because it
was Jan 4th 2013 that I had spinal injections 
that damaged my legs, then that following
February another injection, then in March
before spinal surgery they did one more.
I'm glad I survived it but knowing what I 
do now, I'd never do that again. not ever. 
I made this fun card today for the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Welcoming woods, Beary cute,
Adventure/travel
I let the DSP do the work for me here.
I love how 3D it looks, almost, like the mountains are
popping right off the card.  For the little bear I 
had to stamp him on my silicone pad and then onto
the paper to reverse him so he was climbing up the right
side of the mountain which I suppose is considered  
the  left side  looking at it.  But I wanted him to get
to the top of that sentiment as well.  I love how it turned out. 
I got a lovely Christmas gift from my daughter,
one more punch holder.  Away with my daisy box
(I will use it for something else) and my little crates
have already found a new shelf space.  
Doesn't it look so much better.  I 
can't believe all the punches I've 
acquired.  I supposed over 25 years 
of stamping will do this to a gal.
But I will say my collection has grown
considerably since 2013.   
The verse I chose for this card is:
Psalm 28:7KJV
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, 
and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth;
 and with my song will I praise him.

The other reason I picked this verse is because my
word for the year 2024 is "shield"  and my verse this year 
is: Proverbs 30:5KJV
Every word of God is pure: he is a shield 
unto them that put their trust in him.
If you pick a word and verse for the year I'd love it if
you'd share in the comments.
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

šŸ’—PJ 



 

6 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the the idea of the bear climbing up to the top of the mountain. It is always good to look forward. I love reading your verses! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant use of those torn papers, PJ!!! It does create marvelous dimension and interest. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atalantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the paper-tearing portion of the sketch to make mountains for your bear, so original and fabulous. I love the colours, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great use of our sketch! I love the scene you created. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you did a wonderful job with this sketch. Oh my the mountains were a great idea! good luck PJ. Thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~