Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Sketch #367 Painted Poppies, Label Me Bold, Stampin Up Happy Birthday

I made this card for the challenge at:


I really wanted to play with my new stamp set.  Quite frankly I didn't really like this stamp set at first.  However poppies, once again made me think of the Wizard of Oz.   Yes I do love that old movie. My phone cover is actually Emerald city and the yellow brick road.   Well I love most old movies in the 30-40's 


I used DSP for the outside panels, and then I embossed the white card stock and sponged over it to match the DSP and poppy.     The circle is die cut out of white which I sponged again, and then black card stock to give it some shadow.   I didn't think I was going to be able to make this challenge work.  It was a difficult one for me.  Usually the way my ole brain works is that when I see a sketch, it immediately gives me an idea or at least sets something into motion, this card I had to wing it as I went.  Hoping for the best.  

The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Painted Poppies
Stampin Up:  Label Me Bold

I sold two Graduation Cards in my shop this evening.  That makes me so happy.   Whoohoo❕❕



Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping 💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  I know I'd greatly appreciate it.
I am having a spring sale in my shop right now.




4 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Your use of our sketch is spot on. Love your colors, too. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, PJ! The pinks are just right, and your embossed panel really pulls it all together. The circle die cut sure is nice! Thank you for joining us again at Atlantic Hearts. I like the way "your ole brain works" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - i just love this! The poppy surrounded by the wreath is stunning! What a gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely image and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge as always.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~