Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Sketch #487~Trees for sale, Christmas Pinecones, Stampin up

I really do love making Christmas cards.  It just 
puts me in a happy mood.  I don't want to rush 
summer out the door though.  
So as soon as I finished this card HP and I went 
outside to enjoy the sunny day.  It felt so 
good.  Nothing warms my fingers and legs up 
like the sun.  Even though they tell me to stay out of it.  
I'm going to submit this card to the challenge at:
Stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Trees for sale & Christmas pinecones 
I'm not ever very good at explaining my cards, I'm honestly
not much of a teacher/sales person.  And quite frankly my 
cards are really quite simple.  However, I will give it my best 
shot.   I used the lovely plaid DSP.  From what pack it came, 
I have no idea, it was just in my little stash.   I then cut
the rectangle pieces and layered them.  For the vertical green
rectangle, I die cut out a circle.  So I stamped the trees on 
the white and lined up the circle cutout.  I then doubled up 
my circle dies to make the matching DSP trim for it.  The
gold strip behind the banner sentiment is a piece of DSP as 
well.  I just cut the gold piece out of it.  The die cut pine 
cones caused the most problem for me.  I wasn't sure if I 
should keep them brown or snow covered.  So I chose one 
of each.  I finished it off with a few snowflake embellishments.
I will try to make a reel for my instagram page 
tonight with this card.  Then you can see it 
step by step.  
Here is my little darling.  I had him on 
my instagram story.  He's a star.  
Here is the sweetest little bumble bee,
and I'm so happy to say a few of these
lovely plants survived I wanted a 
whole lot more to come back but only 
about 10 made it.  I'll take it and be happy with that.
It draws the honey, and bumble bees, and 
butterflies as well.  
I thought this picture below was so funny.
A bumble bee bottom. 
Oh I want to share something random here.
Today I had the pleasure of smelling a few 
things.  I Thank Jesus for that.  
I smelled the potatoes when I was peeling 
them for supper tonight, and I smelled the 
cut grass.  It made me so happy.  I miss my
sniffer.  It is amazing how much I took that 
for granite.  I pray that it will completely
return.  As well as my vision.  It has been a 
long 8 months  with this covid inflammation. 

Thank you for your continued prayers and
encouragement as I recover from covid.  
And also,  for my dog, HP.

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ





 

5 comments:

  1. Great card PJ! I have to agree with you about Christmas cards, it's too early for me too!
    Thanks for sharing your pretty card with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love those trees with the bright red behind - they really stand out. Hurray for smelling!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Atlantic Hears Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is lovely! Such a pretty way to use those papers and Christmas trees. But I really loved the bumblebee "behind"! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a festive and fun Christmas card. I really love those pine cones and how you made them work for the sketch! Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, I love the trees in the circle and how they are different shades of green and the pine cones add a nice touch too. Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~