Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Challenge #482~Holly Jolly Wishes, Caroling Mice, Christmas Card

I feel like a little kid this evening.
You see tomorrow I'm going to the zoo
with my hubby.  I'm so excited.  It's my 
one summer outing.  I just pray I can
make it with my legs, and also now 
my eye sight.  It's about 2 hours away. 
But it's so worth the drive because we are 
going to visit our son too.  I miss that boy 
of mine so much.  
Perhaps if I get some nice pictures I will share 
that on my blog.   I'm not taking the big camera, 
just the phone.  Because the big camera is a bit 
to balky for me and I have to use my walking sticks.
I made this Christmas card for the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Holly Jolly Wishes & Caroling Mice
I don't know why I can't mix and mingle 
the coats and hat colors on these little fellas.
I suppose I'm too OCD.  It reminds me of 
when the kiddos were little and I had to 
have matching sippy cups and lids, 
I just can't put a yellow lid on a red cup.  haha
Any ways I also noticed I colored all the little
mice gray, and in my experience, the mice
that get caught in the traps here at home are usually brown.
Now come to think of it the old cartoon, Tom & Jerry
the little guy was brown too.   I guess I will have to 
start coloring a brown mouse in with the little trio.  
After the coloring I cut it out and then I couldn't resist
adding a lamp post in the background.  I love those.  
I used dimensionals to raise up the mice. I had to stop 
myself from adding anymore to this card.  Gosh I wanted
to throw some music notes all over it, but it was already
looking a bit crowded.  
Below is a picture of one of my sunflowers.  
The honeybees have competition this year. 
I asked my friends what those little beetles were.
We think they are lightening bugs, or soldier beetles.
What do you think?  
Thank you for your continued prayers and
encouragement as I recover from covid.  
And also,  for my dog, HP.

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ



 

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable take on the sketch! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~