Friday, August 28, 2020

SSC238 LET'S GET SKETCHY~ Painted Poppies, Stampin Up

I tried to make my own white box to get better pictures of 
my cards.  So I recycled a box, cut off a few edge flaps, then added some white
card stock to the inside.   I thought I had it all figured out until I noticed 
you could see the seams where the paper came together.  SIGH.. So then the 
lovely sheer curtain in my craft room was my next idea.  Lay that over the 
box and see if it helps.  Good grief I can waste my time do things like this.  
So what do you think?  Do you like it better then my previous posts where
I always had the cards on my little house board?  I truly would like 
your opinion here.  Or perhaps suggestions on how you take nice pictures. 
I'm going to submit this card to the challenge at:
I flipped the sketch on the side, because I really wanted to highlight 
the poppies, and It just worked best this way.  
The little embellishment is held on by a brad, and then I used 
some white liquid pearl paint to fill it in.   I also used an embossing
folder on the narrow strip to give it some detail, without making 
it to much with all those poppies, that I popped on top. 
The stamp set featured today is:
Stampin Up:  Painted Poppies

Also, just a note I shared a few pictures in my previous post of my 
Handsome little HP.  Being that it was International Dog day.  So
If you're interested scroll on down.  🐶

  Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  Plus I've recently just added more items.  So make sure to check it out. 😊




2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, PJ, I LOVE this! I really need to do a length of poppies this way - love your delicate coloring, and that embellie is perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card PJ and turning it on the side was a great way to highlight those poppies! I feel for your photo dilemma as I struggled with the same for years, finally finding places in my house where natural light worked most of the time. I'm no expert but your first two photos seem the best. Good luck with that venture! In the meantime, thank you so much for joining us for the current challenge at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~