Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Sketch #322~ Taylored Expressions, Of Thee I Sing, Liberty Bell, Freedom


Well, after quite an exhausting time trying to make camping cards for my daughter, I finally moved on and found a sketch to play with.   Perhaps before I get to this card I should clarify, that I LOVE making cards, and especially when my kids request them, however, I set my stakes high when I tried to make a "Bob Ross" painting card.   You can see the camping cards here.  Let's just say, I tried.   So it was quite nice to try something else today.  Hence that brings me to this card I made for the challenge at:

The stamp sets Featured in this card are:
Taylored Expressions: Of Thee I Sing
and a USA Travel set that I purchased years ago, it has no name. 
I can't believe I don't have any flag stamps, I usually try to just make stars and stripes out of what I have on hand, but no actually flag.  I will have to look into a grand 4th of July set, if such a thing really exists.  Since I have no flag I decided to use the Liberty Bell, since it's a symbol of our independence.  I really like the music background for this sketch, and more so because yesterday I found out I won a summer contest in our area which means I won a ukulele. 🎸  Oh boy, one more thing to play with. 
  
 I'm also including a picture of these lovely little stickers.  I received  awhile ago, and they are my absolute FAVORITE little embellishments, they lay flat and adhere nicely, it's almost like they are two -toned, with a gold rim and then a little sparkle silver inside.  I am hoping that by posting it on my blog frequently someone will be able to tell me what they are, and where to purchase them.   

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ




4 comments:

  1. Although I’m not from the US, I appreciate the patriotic cards for the upcoming holiday (ours is celebrated on July 1 in Canada). I love the music background paper combined with the Liberty Bell. Perfect card for Independence Day! Thanks for once again sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, PJ! The music was a perfect choice for those vertical bands. And, all camping cards very nice, but your Bob Ross card was wow!wow! amazing. Thank you for sharing at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous!!! Love that you used the music for your background stripes. Wonderfully patriotic. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lines of music as background stripes! This is a beautiful card to honor and celebrate our freedoms. Wish I knew the source of those wonderful stickers....they look like ideal embellishments with their self adhesion and sparkle.
    Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~