Thursday, August 1, 2019

Sketch #327~ Half Full Stampin Up



 Gosh it's been a few days since I made a card.  I'm just a bit scattered, still trying to organize myself and stuff in this little room it just don't feel quite right yet, and oddly enough the porch where my craft stuff has always been was a much smaller space then this.   I'm blaming the chair.  haha.. because it hurts my back and legs so badly, and also the lighting in here.  It's gotta be something.    Any ways not to complain I'm grateful, and I will share a picture below to show my next issue.  What to do with older stamps?  I mean I'm very blessed to have such a large collection, however there are some I don't use and I've taken to my Etsy shop to sell them.  You can also see them here if you like.  I don't know why it's so difficult for me, perhaps because they are so expensive, and I don't want to end up wanting it after I sell it, then buying it twice or something foolish like that.. but realistic I know I can't keep them all forever.  Or maybe I could.  I could keep a stash on the porch.  Wouldn't my hubby appreciate that.  

  Well now onto the next line of business.   About 2 weeks ago very bad storms rolled through our area,  this time we were only without power for a couple days, not to shabby compared to others.  Our tree damages in the yard was very minimal.  Praise the LORD for that.    with that being said, There were lots of  linemen, and cable/telephone men out repairing the damages along with tree service companies everywhere.  In our area there was about 18 thousand people without power.   Well a little south  where I grew up that was hit too, I'm so grateful my dad had a generator (it was for my mom, when she was alive, because of her dialysis) but there was no power down there for many days..  So now the scene is set, for this horrible tragic accident, a linesman was clearing things away when a tree came down and knocked him to the ground, he immediately couldn't feel his legs,  my dear friends, His name is Brian, and Wife Amy are a young couple, with two small children  and have set up a gofundmeaccount, for Brian I'm humbly asking you to visit their page and read their story for yourself.  If you could share on your blogs, and fb pages that would be swell.  I can tell you she updates it almost daily.  They just flew to Denver CO.  To Craig's Hospital for the best treatment.  We are so grateful he can breathe on his own and move his arms.  At first they thought even the arms would not work, but PRAISE the LORD they do.  I believe in miracles, and I think prayer is the key.    I know they'd appreciate any help/prayers you can offer. Thank you kindly.💝

Now for the card which I will submit to the challenge at:

The stamp set featured in this card is:
Stampin UP: Half Full

I'm not a wine drinker, but for some reason I just had to have this set.  I think the wine glass is cute along with the wine bottle.  Perhaps it's the grapes, who knows, It came in perfect for this sketch.   It makes me wonder why I didn't get the cute coffee set they had out a couple years ago, I don't drink coffee either, but I think it would be fun to make cards with.  Oh boy, look out for me on ebay now.😉
Any ways, I'm rambling on, and this has already been a super long post.   Real quick I will say how much I love adding glossy accents to the wine glass to make it look like real liquid, hence the second picture with more light so it shows up better. 

OOH.. one more thing, I found this lovely little poem on facebook to add to cards you want to pass out. 
I didn’t sign this card
before I sent it off to you,

instead it holds my warmest thoughts
invisible but true.

So if you find you need
to brighten someone’s day,

then take this card and sign it
and send it on its way.

Thank you so much for taking time to read my blog,

Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ



3 comments:

  1. You are right, the grapes are perfect on your tag! Very lovely monochromatic card. Thank you for playing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. So sad to read about Brian and his family. Will keep them in my prayers. My stash has too many older things also, and it is tough to let them go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! The inside & the outside! The little strip of paper under the tag is the perfect trim to match the sketch! Hope you get your crafting space settled and a chair you like real soon. Thanks for joining AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your monochromatic card! I agree with you about the overload of older stamp sets. I admire you for selling them and recouping some of your crafting money. I think I will do the same when I retire. Thank you for joining the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~