Monday, November 2, 2020

Sketch 393~ Stampin Up~Happy Tails, Simon Says, Pawprints on your Heart, Pocket Full of Happy

Sunday November 1st. 2020 we got some 
distressing news.  Our daughter and son-in-law
had to take their darling cat, Charlie to the
emergency vet.  
We didn't suspect anything, just that the 
kids said he was having trouble using the 
litter box.   So they took him in to get checked out. 
They were just sending me fun pictures of 
the little sweetheart playing and being his 
usual curious self, and then 3 hours later
the vet calls to tell them the news.  
Needless to say we were all in shock.   I will share 
a quick story about Charlie.   My friend who 
lives about an hour an a half away heard some noise
in her garage, and what she discovered was a little kitty. 
Apparently where she lives in the country people just 
turn their cats loose.  It's so sad, anyways she called
asked if I knew anyone that would want a cat.
We are a dog loving family, and I've always been 
quite allergic to cats.  But I asked around and then
I asked my daughter (who is also allergic to cats) and her 
hubby who grew up with cats, well friends they drove up
and picked up the little fella, and it was love at first meow. 
Now, Charlie was a little rascal, and in fact we called him a
little dog cat, because quite frankly he acted a lot like a dog.
He'd even want his tummy rubbed.  So sweet.  Charlie was 
my grandkitty.  Aw, we bonded, He would recognize my voice,
and come running, I'd babysit him at their house when the
kids were on vacations.  It was fun, I'd look for the best
toys for him to play with.  Quite honestly I cried so hard 
yesterday I never in a million years expected this, and 
neither did the kids.  He was such a young cat.  
Any ways  That is the long story behind this card today. 
Charlie will be so very missed.  All the 
tricks he could do and the squawking, 
and the snuggles.  Oh gosh. 
Hug your pets.  I know I have a 
greater appreciation for my HP.  
Time is so short with our fur friends.   
I'm going to submit this card to the challenge at:
Below is a picture of beautiful Charlie.  
His eyes are the color of my daughter's. 
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Simon Says:  Pawprints on Your Heart
Simon Says: Pocket Full of Happy
Stampin Up:  Happy Tails.

Pretty straight forward stamping with this card,  
The homemade DSP on the bottom was created 
by using the heart and paw print stamps.  I wanted 
to keep the color tones of the card in check with 
Charlie.  He was a beautiful cat.  

I'm also including a few pictures of my love, HP.  
This fella cracks me up daily.  Such a joy 
to have around.  And a few more pictures of 
Charlie.

 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  Plus I've recently just added more items.  So make sure to check it out. 😊








 

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of the loss of your furr-baby grandson and thanks for sharing his story. Love that you did your own personalized stamped background and using Newton in the pocket is perfect for this sketch... adorable. Patty, we are partnering with AHSC and would love you to share with us at Double Trouble as you have met our requirement "Stitch It Up". Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sorry about Charlie. I know the whole family we deeply miss him. Your card is a very sweet tribute. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie. Our fur-babies are definitely family members and losing them is incredibly difficult. This is such a sweet card - I love the pattern at the bottom and the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your grand kitty. Losing a pet is always so hard. Thank you for your cute card and sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Good luck!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable!!! Thank you for playing alone with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~