Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Sketch #395 Making Christmas Bright, For Unto Us, Merry Moose, Snow Is Glistening, Blended Seasons, Stampin Up

No card making yesterday.  I did however, add a 
few new stamp sets to my etsy shop.   But no cards,
at least not yet.  My eyes went a bit wonky after 
using my little phone to add the items.   
So today I was able to make a card for the 
challenge at: 
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Making Christmas Bright
Stampin Up:  For Unto Us
Stampin Up:  Merry Moose
Stampin Up:  Snow is Glistening 
Stampin Up:  Blended Seasons
I also used the stampin up shimmery white
embossing paste.  
I stamped the snow background, then started building 
layers.  I tore the bottom edge of the white and then
gave it a coating of the embossing paste.  I love that
stuff.  Such sparkly goodness.   I stamped, colored and 
fussy cut out the images.  I also did a little sponging around
the circle to give it the look of dimension without adding
another layer to the front.  I had to stop myself from
using the puff paint on the snowflakes, and Santa hat.  
Night of navy color is the exact color my living room 
use to be.  I sometimes miss it.  Now I have it two toned
with a chair rail.  Top is a soft lighter color with the bottom
being a bold deep color of merry merlot.  
I got side tracked again. oops. 😉 
Thank you to everyone for your prayers.  Truly 
it was by God's grace the kids all made it home
safely.  My son and gf missed the flight, because 
of some new airline restrictions, but were able 
to catch the later flight out.  Then the trip back 
was something else.  Kept us all praying, 
blizzards in the mountains, the truck my son was 
driving, and pulling a flat bed trailer ended up with a blown
out tire.  So again, praise the LORD they are all safe.  
They made the 2000 mile journey in 2 days, there was a
huge pile up, and cars on fire. The white out conditions
 had them crawling  at a snails pace,   Talk about making a 
mama's nerves frayed. YIKES. 
I think that was another reason the MRI was a bit 
difficult for me.  Just racing thoughts of everything.
From the kids traveling, to how well do they 
clean this tube, (MRI machine) to can I take 
my mask off in there?  to will I get stuck? etc.  
The man was very patient with me.  I had to take both 
my pills, and needed oxygen, he even played 
Christmas music on the headset he placed on 
me before locking my head into place.  I went in once,
freaked out, then I wouldn't let go of his hand, but 
eventually He talked me through it.   The one 
funny thing is when they asked about metal.
I told him all 7 earrings are out, but I forgot about 
my hair clip, so when I took that out and my hair 
came down, he was like oh boy.  Putting the 
head thing on me was interesting.  I mean I have 
a pumpkin head normally but with my hair
it's a bit much I guess.  He had to bring it around
the front.  My hair is waist length.  We managed though. 
So now my friends we wait for the results.   I think
of the song the Scarecrow sung on the Wizard of Oz.
See how easy my mind rabbit trails off?  
Seriously, thank you for all the prayers, and kind wishes. 


Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  Plus I've recently just added more items.  So make sure to check it out. 😊



 

7 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I love the dark background. It makes the other colors really pop. The moose is just too cute! Great use of our sketch. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Christmas card - I LOVE that moose! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that moose! Just meandering by, so perfect for this year. Thanks for sharing your cute card with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of the sketch, and the blue and white is wonderful! Thank you for sharing with at at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super fun and cheeky card, I love the moose and the sentiment, adorable! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at AHSC.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute! what stress! glad everyone made it home safely and wishing you well and good health! thanks for sharing as always with AHSC.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~