Sunday, November 26, 2017

Just Us Girls #421 & RRCB76 Snow Angels

I can laugh about it now.  I suppose you might be wondering about what?  I'll explain:  I had a complete melt down trying to take this card's picture.  I mean it was like the world was coming to an end or something.  My gosh after about 20+ shots I just gave up, and  thought I will explain  the best I can what that background looks like.  It actually reminds me of  a Husky dogs eye color.  
  I refer to the color as in ice blue.   So you "see"  haha~  it's not gray really at all up there, but a nice blue to go along with the challenge at: Just Us Girls
And now that I look at the challenge again it seems like I should have used a color with more of a green tint. (sigh) Well I incorporated the snowmen and then mittens to make it a cozy little scene.   I do believe this is another first for me today.  As in first time submitting a card to this challenge above. 
  I'm also going to  submit this card to the challenge at: Retro Rubber Challenge Blog
Because I pulled out my Stampin up  Snow Angels from 1999.  I love using those oldie but goldies (retros) .  Especially the ones that had the little boy and girl in it, as does this one.  It reminds me of my kids.  I had a fall (Autumn) one but sold it many years ago, so many times I wish I still had it.  Perhaps I'll have to search ebay for it.   So back to the card.   I die cut out the mittens an embellished them with pearl drops around the edge and cut a little white piece of paper for the cuff of the mitten.  I then punched out a snowflake and added a pearl to the center.  After I stamped and colored the snowman and little girl, I cut them out to place them on top of the mittens but it didn't look very nice, so I tucked them behind the mittens.  MUCH better.  The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn and fits fabulously there.   By the way, those mittens remind me of a toddler with their hands stretched out running to help build the snowman, always the helpful ones.💜
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.
I hope you will want to sign up and follow my blog.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.
I'm trying to create some "buzz" for my Etsy shop.  SO on my fb page I have a giveaway going on.  I'd love for you to like & share so I can add your name in the drawing too.  Here's the link↓
Thank you

6 comments:

  1. Very cute seasonal card, PJ! I love that old SU stamp so it should get inky every season!! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will be back in our gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with this challenge. What a great stamp. It looks like eveyone is having a good time especially tge snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun mittens and card! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those cute snow-flake mittens, PJ. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snowflake mitten = genius!! Love your card, it is a lot of fun and LOL at you trying to take a photo, I recently photographed something 28 times!! Why!! Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute wintry card! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~