Thursday, November 9, 2017

Sketch #237~Reason for the Season

This is the second card I made for: Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge
I didn't know if it would qualify because the stripes on the left hand side are not very pronounced.  Instead of using DSP or washi tape, I  used my embossing folder.   Then I made the poinsettia's by 3 step stamping and cutting them each out. I had them all placed perfectly when I decided to add a dab of gold wink of stella.. and then it happened.. one little dab turned into a HUGE GLOB.. I was mortified.  So I quickly grabbed a kleenex to try and blot the mess that I was creating on my card.  Does anyone else struggle like this?  By the time I was done, I had glitter everywhere.  Oh the Joy of Card making.
Then my dear daughter messaged me and said she can't leave work because her tire is flat.   So I went to pick her up.  Apparently  the guys will be fixing that tonight after work. At least she was in town.   Our last experience with this was in April, with my Equinox.  We were in a different city, and my son had just been released from having surgery, we came out to a completely flat tire.  But we had an angel that day. Seriously this  tall man 6'6" at least, came  out of no where asked if we needed help.  He had so much trouble getting my tire off but wouldn't give up until the job was done, and then told us where to go so we could get it plugged.  Truly a blessing.   Even though they couldn't repair my tire we were able to make it home on a spare. So we just need to be thankful, even when we have bolts in our tires..  At least we are safe. 
Thanks for stopping by.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.

7 comments:

  1. You would ever know you had a problem with this card. It turned out so pretty. So sorry to hear about your daughter's car. Always something going on. Sounds like there are still some nice people out there willing to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much of reshaping your experience of God's provision. It was a blessing to read it. Thankful for how He cares for us!
    I love the subtle stripes and the sketched look of the poinsettias. Great job with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really stunning! It doesn't look messy at all. A wise person told me when I began cardmaking--there are no mistakes--just variations! Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    :) Marie AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of fussy-cutting, great job with layering...very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love poinsettias, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card! Love your poinsettias and I would have never have known that you had an oops moment - it looks beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you colored those flowers! Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~