Thursday, February 17, 2022

FMS523~ Friends are like seashells. Stampin Up

I made this card for the challenge at:
The stamp set featured in this card is:
Stampin Up:  Friends are like seashells 
I embossed the bigger white card stock, 
then layered the smaller ones.  Of course after
coloring the sand dollars they all looked like cookies
too me.  Perhaps because I was hungry or perhaps
because of the color I chose.  
Does anyone have good advice on embellishment
placement?  I struggle with this.  I usually put down 
and odd number which I heard is the best option, 
and then I end up rearranging them all over, 
just enough to cause a bit of adhesive to always 
get stuck where it shouldn't be.  Oh the joy. 
Perhaps my sentiment
should have been more horizontal instead of 
vertical to match the sketch, so in came 
the wonderful twine.
Today marks 5 weeks since I came down 
with the fevers and flu from covid. 
Recovery is taking a lot longer then I expected.
I have days where I wonder if it will 
ever be ok again? 

My eyes are still giving me much trouble,
and the smell comes and goes,  it usually
has to be right under my nose to smell 
anything.  Which is so odd.  I had a nose like  
a bloodhound before all this.  
Same with my eyes, my ma use to say 
I had eagle eyes.  Well folks sad 
to say that has all changed since this 
terrible covid.  With all that being said,
I'm so grateful to be alive, and Thank Jesus
that it didn't hit us any harder.

Thank you for your continued prayers and
encouragement as I recover from covid.  

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ 



 

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! Love the neutral colours! Those sand dollars look great! Sorry to hear you were so sick and hopefully you'll start to feel back to yourself soon. My son had Covid last week but thankfully it was fairly mild and none of the rest of us caught it! Praying you feel better soon! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These neutral colors are so soothing. And I love your sand dollar cookies! LOL! I'm sorry you are having Covid health issues and I pray that you will be back to your old self soon. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your simple neutrals with those beautiful sand dollars! I have the same problem with embellishments - I always use three then arrange and re-arrange and start all over again! Glad you're feeling better but sorry it's taking so long. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you use crumb cake? It's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~