Monday, August 14, 2023

Get Well Card for my Son.

I made this card for my son.  
He was in a bike accident on Saturday. 
We are so thankful that he is alive and didn't 
break his neck.  He did get multiple injuries to
his beautiful face and head.  But as one doctor
told him when sewing him up, they could 
get a plastic surgeon, but I'm glad he didn't.  He
 will be healed In the Name of Jesus and in 
the Lord's time.  
So I thought this card would be fitting since he will
be eating soft foods for awhile. 
I will submit this card to the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Happy Healing, Sweet Ice Cream
Studio G: Get well soon 
I used an embossing folder for the white card stock
and then layered my stamp images on top.  I tried
to match three of the colors up to the best of what
inks I had on hand. 
Then it looked a bit empty above the sentiment so
I added a few little yellow star embellishments. 

I would have included a picture of my son, 
but I don't want to alarm people.  The doctor 
said, " looks like your modeling days are over."  Which
I didn't think was very appropriate.  He will heal 
and he is loved no matter what.  
We would appreciate prayers for his healing.  
Thank you so much. 

The verse I chose for this card is:
Jeremiah 30:17KJV
“For I will restore health unto thee, and 
I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD;
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
šŸ’—PJ

 

4 comments:

  1. Prayers for a full recovery of your son!! Sometimes doctors say the darnest things...I have had my share!! Sweet & yummy card for your son!! Great take on our color combo!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Summer Vibes" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! I miss our camping days!!
    -Deb Horst, DT #SSC315

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, now, this is really a brilliant idea for our colors! You rocked this! And such a great get well for your son - prayers for his speedy recovery! Love all the details you worked in - especially that texture! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet get well card. This will certainly brighten your son's day! I am so very sorry about his accident! I am praying for him and you, too, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, I love your "cool" colors! Fun sentiment goes along with your card. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~