Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Plants Galore

 .
I haven't stamped for a couple days again.
So I feel a bit rusty at it.  And my inks 
were all weird, and by the time I got done
fussing with them, I had ink all over my hands.   
I chose to play with patterned paper again.
It will forever be an obstacle for me and one
that I will forever try to overcome.  (wink)
I made this card for the challenge at:
The stamp set featured in this card is:
Stampin Up:  Plentiful Plants 
The striped DSP reminds me of some clown
pants from the seventies.  I don't know why,
and I'm trying to overlook it.  I just need 
to use up some of the scraps I have 
accumulated over the years. 
I had to leave the one pot empty because when
I put a plant in it, I couldn't see the one behind
it so well.  I sort of like it this way.  Gives a 
bit of hope and anticipation as to what will be 
growing in this little pot.  To bad I didn't 
have a cute little gecko to stamp on the rim.  
I could see him crawling around inside one 
of the planters but I wouldn't appreciate it. 
I thought I'd stamp plants because I just 
purchased us a new plant stand.  I'm 
so excited I even put it together myself,
in fact I could barely get up off the floor
when I was done.  But I was quite proud
of how it turned out.  and it's still standing.  
Below is a picture of the old stands.  They
were outdoor stands and a bit wobbly.  
Here is the new stand I built.
and back up in the window with a few 
of my plants.  The inspiration for today's card.
The spring cactus is still blooming. 
She is so lovely. 
Isaiah 61:11KJV
 For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden
 causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so 
the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise
 to spring forth before all the nations.
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
šŸ’—PJ


 

7 comments:

  1. Love the pinks and greens, PJ! You have lots of beautiful plants - paper and real. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    (I got Ball Stylus Dotting Tools from Amazon to make the mandala dots. And I use found rocks - always looking for shapes that suggest something or are flat and round or oval. The resin covered rocks look amazing, but I have never tried it. Sounds complicated. I use Gloss Mod Podge and give them several layers. My email is on my blog banner if you want to chat more! :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your plant card and how you presented. Your plat stand looks amazing and I'm impressed you pt it together! Are you painting rocks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on our sketch. I like the plant theme and I love your plant stand and I'm sure your plants love the natural light. Your color palette is so calming and relaxing. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and the real-life inspiration. What a lovely, soft palate and I love those patterned papers. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet post PJ! I love your new plant stand. It looks great in the window. I used to have a bay window like that in Pennsylvania and I loved it. I love your card too. The plant stamps are great. I had to laugh about your ink pads getting weird. Mine do sometimes too. Oh, and your blooming cactus is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week. Please join us again soon!
    :) Marie
    AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I struggle with mixing patters, I feel you there! However, you did phenomenal with it! I love the stamped images, so cute! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~