Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Sketch #284~Signs of Santa, Spirited Snowman Stampin up



Oh boy folks, right when I didn't think it could get worse with our old home, it DID❕  I won't go into to much detail, just that we now have to have the floor jacked and put a beam under it because the logs (that's right we have logs)  are not meeting in the middle and the main support is not on it.  Hence the house is literally buckling in the middle, and when they start jacking the plaster will most likely crack. Causing more to repair.  There are so many holes in my floor right now.  After we do this then we have to reroute the heat ducts..  I'm so stressed and overwhelmed.. we have a very tight budget since I'm unable to work, and well gosh it's one thing after another the last two days.   I could barely make this card today, I was shaking with fear and frustration over it all, I can tell my legs are so achy.  Any ways enough of the sob story, and onto some fun stuff.  A Card.  YAY❕   I pulled it off people.  Not sure how, but just tried to focus amidst the hammering, air tools, and commotion,  did I mention dust/dirt everywhere?  Poor HP is a mess too.  I usually listen to Love Worth Finding daily broadcasts with Adrian Rogers on line while I stamp, but I can barely hear myself think.  So I hummed some Merry Christmas tunes to make this little card.   I will submit this card to the challenge at: Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge
I thought the sketch worked perfectly with the new fold I wanted to try out.  How clever to have this little door flap to hold the card closed.  What a neat way to make a card.  I honestly think it's one of my favorite folds so far.    The stamp sets featured in today's card are Stampin Up: Signs of Santa
Stampin Up: Spirited Snowman
I also am including the little video of how it opens.  
Not the best quality but ya get the drift of how it works.  


Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ

I will share more pictures of the house renovation soon. 




6 comments:

  1. Older homes are so fun, they can be truly wonderful they can also be a real headache. Hopefully things will be fixed soon. I find crafting helps me deal with a bit of the stress, hopefully you too? I love the card you created, the fold does work wonderfully with this sketch! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you made the sketch interactive. What fun! Great papers and an adorable snowman. So sorry things have been hard for you. We are feeling the age of some of the elements in our home, too and have had some expensive repairs lately. Know it can be tough.
    Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is sooooooo adorable!!!! Love your fun fold card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this! That snowman is just so adorable and the way your card opens is unique as well. Thanks for sharing a terrific card with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry to hear about your house. My house is over 100 years old, so I get it! love this neat fold! thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Challenge this week.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. PJ, I'm so glad you were able to find some of scape in making this ca d today, it's just love very and so fun and cheerful! I don't know why, but I like ve seeing snowmen on red backgrounds or accents. This is a really fun fold for a card, I have done cards with a flap of some sort holding the cover closed, but never a shaped one like this. It's really cute and worked very well with this sketch. Good luck with your house issues and budget (I can *totally* relate as I also live in a house that needs much work and I'm also unable to work due to back issues). Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~