Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Sketch #286~Wishing You Well, Healing Hugs Stampin Up

 Last night I received my stampin up order.  I was most excited.  However, I was so exhausted from another day of breathing in sawdust and dirt that I opened the box looked through everything and waited until this morning to try out one of my new sets.  I am so blessed that hubby knows how much I enjoy stamping, and it's just cheaper then therapy.  Honestly it really does help me cope with pain and usually stress too, but this amount of stress going on in the house, I'm even having a hard time focusing, but no contractor yet, so the focus was a bit easier.    I made this card for a cousin who is having surgery today.   I'm delighted to be able to submit it to the challenge at:
For some reason, probably the way my brain is wired, I saw this sketch as a one layer card.  Well you know me, I get to stamping and cutting paper and before you know it, I've added a few background layers to help make the colors pop.  Then I tried to tame it down a bit and kept the wreath and bouquet quite simple.  I am absolutely thrilled with this stamp set, and it was one I was going to pass up until I saw a stamper explain how versatile this set is.  GOSH were they correct.   I'm happy I have it in my little colletction.  The stamp set I'm referring to is Stampin Up:  Wishing You well  The other stamp set featured in today's card is also from Stampin Up: Healing Hugs.

I hope all my blog buddies get a chance to play along with this fabulous sketch.  

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card - I'm sure your cousin will love it. I also love the soft color combination you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One layer or multiple layers your card is gorgeous and I think is a very good interpretation of the sketch! My husband is the same way at seeing my card making as cheaper than therapy, good guys aren't they? Sending good thoughts to your cousin for a speedy recovery. Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the simplicity. The color choices are perfect for the feel of your card. Thank you for joining us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous floral cluster! It is gorgeous in the soft colors. Such a soothing get well card!
    Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet card! great stamp set and well executed card, thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Challenge last week!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, I love the bow with the bouquet of flowers, so sweet! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~