Tuesday, December 11, 2018

HSSSC304 Merry Christmas in the Making Stampin Up



 I was so determined to use this lovely black and silver striped paper, however, it posed quite the problem.  I should have taken a picture of all the trial and errors I had with it.   I wanted to make a non-traditional Christmas card using this classy color combo just to challenge myself a bit.  YIKES> I almost gave up until I pulled this darling stampin up set off my shelf.  It's like this set was made for this black tie card, it is so retro.  I then embossed the white with a diagonal stripe to match the black and silver.   I made a book mark top by the sentiment so that I could tie some pretty sparkle black ribbon on it.   I'm quite pleased with the finished product, even though the picture is not the best quality.   I just didn't want to wait until the morning to post it.   I haven't stamped in almost a week.  (gasp)  Still dealing with so many home projects, and cleaning yet from the contractor.  It's just dragging on.  I haven't even started writing out my Christmas cards yet.  Oh boy I must dedicate tomorrow to that.  
I'm going to submit this card to the challenge at: 

I'm so excited to report that I had a lovely Christmas Blessing: a customer just recently purchased quite a few of my cards on my Etsy Shop.  What a lovely opportunity for me to now add more.  I'm so grateful to share my cards with others. 
Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  I look forward to reading your comments.

Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ

4 comments:

  1. I love your card PJ = that image of the cat is just perfect - I'm a real cat lady. Thank you for finding time during this busy season to still play along with us - we wish you a very Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time of year is so busy, but I'm glad you found time to stamp this gem. The retro stamp is fabulous and pairs so nicely with your striped paper! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coloring!!! Such an adorable card. Love your choice of patterned paper too! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you did not give up! Love the color combo and that dsp is perfect. Thanks for joining us this week at HSS!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~